Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Self Servicing A Yaris T-Sport Mk1

WoolyFox

Afternoon all!

Did a search before posting to see if this had been covered before but couldn't find any thread specifically about self servicing a Yaris T Sport. I have a couple of questions before I attempt this so without further ado:

1) What engine oil do I use? I'm slightly confused with the pinned post suggesting 0W 20 as well as 5W 30 so does it matter which I use?

2) Any issues known with changing oil and filters such as requiring special tools, unusual filters etcetera?

Any help would be appreciated greatly as this will be my first self service job.

Wooly

0W-20 oil is Toyota's recommendation for Optimal Drive engines which were introduced from 2008 in some models.

5W-30 oil meeting API SL or SM is the oil to go for in your Yaris.

I do all my servicing on my Mark 1 Yaris.

I use 5-30W fully synthetic - as specified. (Usually when on offer from Halfords or ECP)

There are two access panels in the undertray.. The oil drain is just a simpe spanner/socket jobbie.l, but the oil filter needs a chain type removal wrench (or a kitchen rubber bottle top removal tool). Ideally you need to put the front on axle stands for access. Or a pit.

You can remove the undertray but it's a lot of bolts..to remove.

I always fill the filter with oil when replacing it to speed up build.up of oil pressure.

A Haynes manual is useful

Thanks for the replies!

Just had a look to find all the filter locations and their accessibility, can anyone recommend good replacement filters that are reasonably priced? Also had a look at the spark plugs, I was wondering whether I should replace the spark plugs or leave them for another time (when I reach 100K or next year)?

ECP are OK..Good range.

I always use Original oil filters.. the extra cost is negligible and I do not want to potentially risk £1000s for a saving of a £5..