Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Esso Regular Diesel Cetane Rating?

Aimar786

Hi, does anybody know the cetane rating for normal esso diesel?

Thanks in advance.

In the UK the minimum cetane rating for diesel is 51. Esso Energy Diesel has a typical cetane rating of 52. Think Esso Energy Supreme diesel has the same cetane rating but double the amount of detergents than Energy Diesel.

Cheeers Frosty, i use esso regular fuel and after every 5th top up, use bp ultimate and at service intervals, adding fuel additives such as millers ecomax to a full tank. I also use £1 bp ultimate unleaded once in a blue moon and this certainly does help.

Quick query, which do you think is better.. Shell v Power or BP Ultimate diesel? Or none and just using normal fuel with additives?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

BP ultimate is undoubtedly the best premium diesel, and has the best cetane rating. Although I may be slightly biased as I work for BP :)

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

My motor seems to run best on esso supreme. Feels more responsive than she'll v power or BP ultimate....

I haven't tried the supreme stuff but the regular esso diesel makes my Yaris run like an asthmatic tractor :(

Smoothest is deffo V-Power diesel, but I lose a chunk of low-end torque with it (Probably because of all those cleaning agents!). The loss has been noticeably worse since the 'Nitro+' version. On the plus side it does let the engine run a bit longer at the top end and the engine feels a bit more free revving. Also burns noticeably cleaner (Good for the MOT! ;))

Most of the time I use Sainsburys diesel tho', with the V-Power getting thrown in every 3-4 fills to give everything a good clean. That combined with a good weekend hoon has helped the engine stay in shape pretty well so far :)

Where are you lot finding the datasheets for these fuels BTW??

Edit: Oooh, I found some! :D

GPCDOC_X_cbe_26724_key_140003767522_201012221018.pdf

GPCDOC_X_cbe_26724_key_140003767752_201012221146.pdf

Data sheets are in a file on my desk for our fuel :P I believe they are available online from all oil retailers

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

I can't get Shell diesel because the nearest supplier is over 40 mls away & they charge much more than average (like 10p more per litre !). So I mostly use a mix of Esso standard diesel & Asda's because it's very local and competitively priced. BP is also stupidly expensive up here, so I never use it. My commute to work is approx 26 mls each way, so the DPF is always heated up well.

Data sheets are in a file on my desk for our fuel :P I believe they are available online from all oil retailers

Care to share? :naughty:

(Oooh you have a Compressor! Nice :thumbsup:)

Did? Aww...

Awesome car but I could never afford the running costs of one of those :(

Happy with my diesel Yaris tho'. All that torque in such a small light car make it very fun to drive :naughty::lol:

That's why I got rid of mine, managed 15-20mpg tops. God I miss it but my Auris diesel is keeping me amused

Yeah, nice not having to drop 3 gears to get going :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links