Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help!

Junior TDi

Hi guys i have a 2002 toyota avensis 2.0 d4d and ive read a few forms on here about these cars causing problems with the egr valve and maf?

My car has no power like struggles to get to 75 mph? even when cold still has no power any help would be appreciated

do you know when the fuel filter/air filters was last changed? also the egr may want removing and a good clean, without inspection its hard to give advise.

Hi silvio,

I'd check the fuel filter for if it needs replacing, same with the air filter just anyway and I'd check that the fuel you last put in smells ok as it could be poor quality fuel (check this when you get the fuel filter off).

Other things to check for is a sticking turbo valve by using a vacuum pressure gauge, for smooth operation. Also the scv (suction control valves) may need replacing due to poor operation of the valves.

Hope this helps

Hi lads ive cleaned the egr, changed both fuel and air filter replaced maf and boost sensor no luck

Clogged fuel filter?

Duff batch of fuel?

Low compression?

Fuel pump on its way out?

Timing retarded?

I'd consider changing the scv's on the back of the fuel pump. They are held in with 2 Allen key bolts on each valve and are usually coloured, one red and one green.

Thanks for the feedback lads ive checked the fuel filter and changed it. I haven't checked the scv's yet! its really slow to rev up aswell?

Yeah, being slow to rev up is a symptom of the scv's playing up. Either that or the turbo is getting a bit ropey, but I'd definitely go the scv route first. Oh by the way, did the fuel smell ok?

Hi leeroy thanks for the advise exactly where will i find these valve's? yeah the fuel smelt normal ive seen on a few of these threads that they lose power when they get hot? mine is at it full time and a good few people said the intercooler?

The scvs (suction control valves) are on the back of the fuel pump. They are usually green and red and held in with Allen keys bolts.

I don't think it's the intercooler if it won't rev from cold, that's probably not it.

I know Toyota sell the scv's separate from the fuel pump so you should be able to source some.

Thanks the car does rev when its cold just it revs slow full time.

Ok no problem, I'll try and take a photo of the scv's tomorrow so it'll give you a hand with what they look like if you'd like?

Much appreciated leeroy just found them but have to go to work can I clean these valves?

Yeah you could do, id use a bit of brake cleaner/carb cleaner and just dry the valves out and then replace them

Thanks lad ill give it a try tomorrow!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links