Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Lighting Project

northernlite

i want to change the design of my headlamps, but i need some help.

i want, that both lights (rear light and brake light) will shine the same time. therefore i have to use twofilament bulbs and need new lamp foots for these kind of bulbs.

post-125971-0-16602800-1398948570_thumb.

here in germany both lights are seperated and can only shine once at a time. is this in every country such like here in germany? cause then i can use your lamp foots from your country and have a plug and play system.

or has someone installed such like this before?

I've edited the title of your topic to show that it is the rear lighting you're proposing to change.

The UK Auris has similar rear lighting to what you currently have, and I doubt that your proposal would be legal.

Before you start with this modification, think you need to consult your local TUV testing centre first to see whether your proposals would contravene any TUV test regulations.

thx for editing.

i know that it is not legal, but it doesnt matter.

thx for editing.

i know that it is not legal, but it doesnt matter.

.. until you're stopped by the polizei.

Why do you want the lights to illuminate at the same time?

If it is brighter lights that you want, why not consider LED bulbs, leave the wiring as it is, and stay legal.

Most of LEDs are illegal too, actually. If they do not have an E-mark on them.

So you want both lights to be parking lights and also brake lights? This should be legal because many cars have system like this, only one lamp which work as parking light and brake light. This is done with two filaments. Please notice that 2 filament bulb is big (like brake bulb in the center you have now) and it will not fit through the parking light hole. You will have to make the hole bigger or something.

i think after installation it looks like normal and not tuned.i can tell them it is delivered in that way by toyota.

do you know a product nummer for these twofilamentbulbfoots?

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Toyota OC

Didn't ask if it was legal.....

However this would be super bright haha

Yes exactly it will look normal. You need to look for normal two filament base and then connect the wires somehow I guess...

sku_120945_1.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links