Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 99-05 Stereo Upgrade Contemplations

ArniVidar

Hey guys.

I'm finally getting around to upgrade the speaker system in my Yaris, but before I dive headlong into dismantling and wiring, I'm contemplating exactly which direction to head in.

I already own a fine amp, speaker-to-line converters, 12" sub, 7x9" Speakers I could fit in the parcel shelf and a 17cm component Speakers set (separate mid/low and tweeter with cross-over) that I could install in the car if any of that fits.

I already know that I will have to choose either the sub or the 7x9's for the trunk, because both simply won't fit. (giant Yaris trunk is giant! ;)

But the things I'm wondering about are the things I don't yet know: The original system.

I can't seem to find any information on the head unit online, so I was wondering if any of you guys know the RMS output and impedance of the stock unit?

Also, the wiring diagrams I can find don't show how the two front speaker sets are connected. There's only one front channel on the head unit and yet there are two sets of front Speakers. Do any of you guys know how those are connected? Two 8ohm sets in parallel perhaps?

Any help appreciated :)

Will they fit if you slide the back-seats forward? Passengers don't need legs! :P :lol:

• Like 1

Hah, unfortunately the passengers actually DO need legs :)

It's a small-enclosure sub, so it needs to be in a.. small enclosure. The box it's in fills 2/3 of the trunk, and comes right up beneath the parcel shelf. So it doesn't matter if I move the back seat forward, the Speakers would still hit the box if they extended a hair below the shelf :D