Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vsc And Trc And Engine Management Light On

ashok_singh

recently my toyota avensis 2004 1.8 VVTI has started giving me VSC sign with TRC . When I checked in the owner manual VSC is related to stability of the vechile . So thought wheel alignment might fix the problem but the garage person told wheel alignment has nothing to do with the stability .

Running the diagnositics in local garage is 35 compared to 65 in approved toyota but stability is more likely to fixed correctly by approved technician.

Is there any other reason which is causing VSC light since I don't find any problem In driving

Regards

Ashok

The following describes the various stability, traction control and braking systems that Toyota uses:

http://www.toyota.com/safety/

Both of those lights (plus the engine management light) were showing on mine when I damaged the Camshaft oil control assembly wiring last week. No logic to that either. After refitting the lights were still on so I had to clear the ecu memory.

Both of those lights (plus the engine management light) were showing on mine when I damaged the Camshaft oil control assembly wiring last week. No logic to that either. After refitting the lights were still on so I had to clear the ecu memory.

Many thanks for your reply

Mine is also showing engine management light. Where did you get the Camshaft oil control assemble wiring and did you fit is yourself

Regards

Ashok

I wouldn't think yours is the same problem as mine. I knew what my fault was because a spanner slipped which broke the wiring connector on the solenoid. I had no choice but to replace the entire unit. I attached a code reader and that showed a code consistent with a fault on the wiring. I commented as the warning lights showing also didn't seem to make any sense.

Got the diagnostic done and toyota are telling me bill of £450. for change of

1. air flow sensor mass

2. inlet manifold gasket.

for the inlet manifold engine has to be opened and it will take long time so more labour charge. Is this correct.

Can I get this part replace by an outside garage I am only worried about that since person will be touching the engine there is risk on going outside garage

but my car is 2004 model and bought it for 2 grand is it worth that money

Regards

Ashok

First of all disconnect the Battery NEG, then if you can't do it yourself get a competent person to clean the airflow sensor (MAF) with electrical cleaner spray (spray it, don't touch it with fingers etc inside)! Reconnect Battery and see if fault clears, by having the Battery disconnected whilst it's being done this should/may clear the fault when you start the car. This is the cheapest option to start with and if it doesn't work then it's back to the garage.

Pete.

Many Thanks Pete , Next thing in the morning to try it saw some videos and ordered liqui moly mass air flow sensor cleaner

Amazing this morning I ran over the footpath while coming out of parking and all the warning lights are now off. I appears to be a loose wiring harness . Where can I find the warning harness to check and fix to re-appearing

The 'fault' (if othere is one) may still be stored in the ecu memory.

If you're referring to the wiring for the MAF sensor then that is the clip next to the air filter box on the large air intake hose.

That clip is generally very secure (as they all are on Toyotas)

You canbuy a obd2 fault reader off eBay for less than £10.

Thanks Gary, If there was fault reported and now all the Engine management sign do work as normal . That sign comes up when ignition is on and all sign disappear when engine is started. Is there still need to get the work done or I can wait until they re-appear.

Generally the sign should not be cleared by itself may be the MAF had something blocked and got knocked off by the little bump.

While driving I dont feel that engine is reving more while vehile is at lower speed.

Regards

Ashok