Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sound Isolation In Iq.... Anyone?

kai3747

Hi has anyone measure the db of the sound in the iq with close windows in parking gear? I am thinking of putting some kind of sound isolation under the upholstering of the car such in the doors and under the seats...any help will appretiate;) (i want the feeling of a luxury car that it has no sound at all)

• Like 1

Someone one here has done it and posted loads of pictures of it. Trouble is I can't remember who, sure a quick search will find it.

There was a thread on this forum many months ago re sound deadening, I can understand why you want it, after driving large expensive cars most of my life, the IQ is more like a "go kart" to me, it suits my needs now (Retired) and if you are happy to do the work yourself then i'm sure you can fit sound deadening stuff to the IQ that will make a difference, I suspect most of the cost (to do a good job) will be in labour to fit the stuff if you cannot do it yourself, rather than the cost of sound deadening stuff itself.

• Like 2

thanx a lot friends ,yes bobkneale you have right :) i drive my car a lot here in Cyprus and i want to make it as quite as possible ... after a research of 3 hours i find the link :)

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/117586-new-project/?hl=%2Bsound+%2Bdeadening#entry1060906

anyone that want to suggest the material that i will use is welcome :)

Hello,

I have planed the same thing on my IQ, and last week I ordered few thick (30mm) plates like these ones:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360914410561&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:FR:1123#ht_513wt_979

Their material can resist to grease and high temperature, so OK close to the engine..

I plan to stick them at the back (I can hear wind noise when rear seats are closed) and as much as I can inside the engine compartment...

• Like 1

Hi Christophe

There are some ventilation vents at the rear that open and close that sometimes people

Can hear rattling. Just a warning in case you block them

David

• Like 2

That person was me .

All replied to and I hope it makes sense. Bob I understand where you're coming from but using my car as a daily driver and as I wasn't planning on changing it for 'a long' time I thought I'd do exactly what I wanted to it.horses for courses I guess.

But I like just what 'I've' done, to my car over the time I've owned it. And as a project it keeps me busy as well lol.

Si

• Like 1

Hi Christophe

There are some ventilation vents at the rear that open and close that sometimes people

Can hear rattling. Just a warning in case you block them

David

Thanks David,

Yes, the annoying noise comes from those vents. I plan to keep them open, but I hope the plates stuck on the plastic cover can efficiently reduce the noise...

• 1 month later...

I used to use sound deadening material in cars when installing lots of audio equipment. Its great stuff, even if your just using it for road noise. The stuff I used was just think rubber material with a sticky back, and you just cut to shape and stick it where you want. I have kept meaning to do it on more recent vehicles Ive had but not got around to it. Ive got a roll of it somewhere in my workshop, might see what I think of the IQ before maybe taking some panels off to get it fixing it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links