Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso-S Multidrive

saddle point

I had a Corolla, but now need to get a family style car, and one that the other half can drive which means getting an automatic!

I'm looking to get a used Verso-S with Multidrive transmission, fortunately there doesn't seem to be any widely reported issues (unlike the old Yaris MMT), unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many about!

Most used cars are around 3 or 4 years old now, so still within warranty, so if I get one hopefully I can get major issues resolved before the 5 year mark.

Any tips from existing owners on what to look out for?

Anyone with high mileage (+60K) on their cars?

Do you think repair bills will be high because it is such a rare car?

The Verso-S was ticking all my boxes until I realised they stopped supplying them to the UK!!!

• Like 1

The Verso S was only imported into the UK for about 2.5 years between February 2011 and the summer of 2013 - low sales volumes and the unfavourable exchange rate between the Yen and European currencies, reduced viability for Toyota.

The CVT transmission is a different transmission to the MMT, and is also used in the current Yaris.

I was actually considering the Yaris (the one before the current model) but I learnt that there may be issues with how MMT behaves for drivers who are used to fully automatics, so I am going to steer clear.

Anyway, what shame Toyota discontinued it.

Out of interest I can see it is still on offer in Ireland, but the prices are fairly high there.The model specs have different names, but the equivalent T-Spirit MultiDrive is €22,875!

Yes the Verso S is still available new in Ireland - presumably the sales volumes have been sufficiently high in Ireland to continue selling it there.

However, only new cars sold by Toyota UK come with the 5 year/10,000 mile warranty - the rest of Europe retains the 3 year/100,000 kilometre new car warranty.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got my Verso-S (CVT) a week ago, what a brilliant little-big car. I didn't realise how rare they were until I went hunting for a used one, there are only a dozen or so for sale.

I'm loving how it creeps forward when in dDive (1st gear) - ok this normal for automatics but I've been driving manuals for nearly 20 years all in central London traffic and this is my first automatic.

I still prefer to shift into neutral when stationary - will I be saving fuel does anyone know?

After a few days of ownership I got my first paint chip, a car parked next to mine hit it lightly with their door. This is normal for central London and something I've learnt to live with... what's the easiest DIY method for paint chips? The main thing is I don;t want the body to rust.

ps. I am still a big fan of manual transmission, personally I can achieve better/smoother ride quality with a manual than even the best automatic.