Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Iq Headlight Dissasembly

kai3747

Hi has anyone dissasembly the headlight of an iq ? i want to do this (first experimentaly ) and the pro :) to try to fit an angel eyes kit to my car . something like in the pictures below....isaw in other forus that someone is selling the about 350 gbp , but i prefer to do it my self

post-108079-0-59980300-1399976969_thumb.

post-108079-0-61553600-1399977192_thumb.

post-108079-0-15513600-1399977228_thumb.

post-108079-0-97647500-1399977237_thumb.

post-108079-0-35376100-1399977247_thumb.

post-108079-0-21708000-1399977257_thumb.

This is something I have concidered doing in the past, but finding a cheap enough senond hand headlight unit to play with was not easy. I know they are sealed together, as long as you can separate the two halves and reseal them properly it should be a goer. I decided to go for the OSRAM DRL/Foglight instead when I saw them.

i wiil put your diy projector in my mine as i do not have fog lights in my car and i want to buy,instead of genuine fog lights you suggest to buy these ? how much ? do i need any other harness (as my car dont have factory fog lights ?_)

The wires to the actual fog lights are probably there tucked away somewhere.

The official guide to fitting fog lights as an option can be found here and will be useful should you decide to go ahead. http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7B09F7A848-FD3E-8DF7-C7CF-7CAAE41FFD3E%7D/IQ_08_Fog_lamp_prewired_PZ457-I0510-00_AIM_001793-0.pdf

If you decide to dis-assemble the headlight. You may encounter problems re-sealing it and condensation may then be a problem.

David

yes i know that david , so i will try it first in an crashed or cheap iq headlight , and if someone in here has one i do not care the condition i want it :)

• 1 month later...

Hello. Me also I would like to fit angel eyes to my Qiu Qiu. I bought a pair of used headlight, and before open them with the help of my oven,I want to order by Aliexpress a pair of angel eyes. Is anyone knows the size of the eyes I can fit, and what type?

Those of Beverley.....in Japan are beautiful.

Many Thanks. A little coucou to David

Cvr

nice, iam very interested about your results, can you please make us update with your project with pictures,links e.t.c ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello David

Soon pictures with the headlight with Onion rings....................on the car

Christian

post-118843-0-77533800-1404916759_thumb.

post-118843-0-93953300-1404916765_thumb.

Christian

Can you describe how you disassembled the lamp please

David

iam interested too Christian please sent as more pictures as you can to make us to follow you;)

Christian

Can you give a link to Ali's Angle eyes

Cheers

David

Happy David to see that you are enthousiast.

To order to Ali....., the problem is that if you buy 2 rings, they will sell you only 1 inverter. And to fit on the car, you need 2 inverter. So the cheapest way is to order 2 pairs of rings with 4 inverters, and to find a friend who want a pair.

The link of the Angel eyes is

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6133000393.html (you can mail to Cathy, very nice)

You must order 2x2 105mm white angel eyes with 2 inverter, and 2 supplementary inverter.

You must buy also:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-led-DRL-Relay-Daytime-Running-Light-Relay-Harness-Auto-Car-Controller-On-Off-Switch/1041302027.html

It is a rely which swich on the angel eyes when you start the engine, and switch of them 20 seconds after you stop it.

Do not forget a pair of gloves to works on the headlights at 80° after the oven episode, and a pair of white soft gloves to work on the headlight when it is open...very important)

A little works.....for the holidays

post-118843-0-25776700-1405085112_thumb.

I ,Just receive an another pair of angel for Qiu Qiu which seems a bit more luminous

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6132914018.html

they sell only 2 rings, and 1 inverter. So you must buy one inverter more

Order Ref: C10 106mm external white.

Quick at the kitchen....................

post-118843-0-79349400-1405087434_thumb.

Hi christian

What is the procedure with the oven. What do you have to do

David

Christian

Why do i need 2 inverters. The bottom picture shows one inverter supplying 2 rings i can extend the high voltage wires and the inverter can be powered from my existing DRL module which does what you described

David

David you cannot cut or make longer the joining between the angel and the inverter. You must use like it is (around 40cm) so it is impossible (to short) to plug the 2 rings on only one inverter.

About the procedure, you have a lot of tuto describing how to open the headlight, with a hair dryer or with a heat gun or with an oven. The best is the oven during 15 minutes at 80°. After it is easy to open it.

Take of all what is possible, All the metalic screw.

If you need some more informations ask me. When you will be ready to do it, tell me I will call you before.

One important think, is to wear white soft gloves for all the operation inside the beam.

I think I will do another pair in a few weeks, this time with my recents headlight, and I will sell those which are on the pictures.

Christian

christian

i have the ability to extend very high voltage if required. Why would they sell them for a car if the wire is too short for the headlamps with one inverter. Strange

David

Because it is done for angel eyes for or like BMW. Double angel in each beam.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links