Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Servicing Schedule?

jonny123456

So how is it determined (specifically for the Avensis T27 1.8 V-Matic)?

There's the fixed price serviing list here: http://www.toyota.co.uk/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing

but how do you determine what service is required (Intermediate, Full or Full+) when each service becomes due?

Is there a published schedule somewhere (google hasn't helped)

Also am I right in saying it's @ 10,000 miles or 12 months (whichever comes sooner)?

To partly answe my own question, I've just had an online 'live chat' with someone from the Toyota website!

It seems they recomment an Intermediate every 10,000/12 months) and a Full or Full+ every 20,000 miles.

Does this sound right?

To partly answe my own question, I've just had an online 'live chat' with someone from the Toyota website!

It seems they recomment an Intermediate every 10,000/12 months) and a Full or Full+ every 20,000 miles.

Does this sound right?

Yes, it is the same here in Bulgaria. I personally wouldn't drive more than 8000 miles with the same oil and filter because I drive mostly in town and the engine is working but the mileage is not as big as when driving mostly on highways.

Does this sound right?

Iirc your car service book tells you.

Mine allows for 1 year or 12.500 mile intervals - whichever comes first.

There is also Full + which iirc is every 40,000 & covers a few more things.

• 11 months later...

So to resurrect this old thread, I'm soon to book my nearly 4 year old Avensis in for a service (57,000 miles, nearly 4 years old, purchased last year).

If I use the online booking tool, it suggests a Full+ service. In the service book there are stamps in the first 5 services boxes (next one says 6 year/60K miles, - Full) - though none mention a Full+ (just Intermediate/Full).

Does this sound right? The online chat I had 12 months ago implied Full+ was optional???

At £349, it seems a bit expensive (and I can't really see anything that stands out for the extra £110 it costs), especially as I'm contemplating getting the Auto-transmission fluid replaced at an additional cost of £109 (for longevity of the car) too.

What do others do? Just grin and bear it (as part of the ownership of having a large Japanese car)?

I used to drivea Nissan Primera, and the back street garage I used to use charged less than £100 for a "full service", so this is really stinging!

if your car has been serviced according to the Toyota service schedule by a Toyota dealer then it should still be covered by the Toyota 5 year warranty. If you want to keep this warranty and maybe extend past the 5 years then you will need to have it serviced accordingly.

My experience is that the Toyota fixed price servicing is competitively priced with other makers servicing. Not all Toyota dealers offer the fixed price service and it may be worth ringing another Toyota dealer to see what they offer.

You can find the Toyota fixed price schedule here: http://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

As you said to keep the warranty I need to do this anyway, so I have no choice really.

It may just be the shock of moving to main dealer servicing and their prices. However, I can't really see what value the extra £110 gives me.

you don't need to have it serviced at a dealer to keep the original manufacturer's warranty (EU block exemption). However, if you want to retain goodwilll for potential issues out of warranty then it is advisable.

During extended warranties manufacturers can stipulate that cars must be serviced by franchise dealers (& Toyota do).

If it had a Full+ at 40,000/4 years it shouldn't need another Full+ until 80,000/8 years.

To be honest we find Toyota's fixed price service costs cheaper than others - for example my Auris is cheaper to service than our Hyundai i20 and our previous Mazda 2.

The Full+ service includes a spark plug change - which will be due at 60K. A brake fluid change will also be due.

I'd be inclined to speak to your dealer - check the price of a spark plug change, and compare the price of a Full service, spark plug change, brake fluid change and transmission fluid change with the Full+ (which includes spark plugs being changed), brake fluid change and tranmsiion fluid change, and go for the cheapest.