Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratches On Window Tints

yaris30

Just wondering did anyone get scratching on the inside of their front electric windows on the tints.Mine was ok for a few months but then scratches began to appear on the drivers side and gradualy became worse.Now its started on the passenger side too.Ive taken the car back to the guys who did it originally.He says it could be something inside thats scratching it.Gonna cost me 80 euro two front windows to strip and retint . :( Whole job will take 2 and a half hours.

Yeah it happens when u always open and close ur window, dirt and bits of sand normally catch it, it happens on all windows.. i can't be bothered to do mine again.

yes grit getting caught in the rubbers does that

my speaker has wrecked the bottom of one of mine that i am due to fix :(

How do profs put tint on the side rear end windows of a 3dr yaris?

Do they sumhow take the window out, or do they jus go inside and weave their wonders??

Hi everyone

The scratches are caused by the rubber on the inside of the window. To cure this when fitting window tints you need to have felt fitted to the inside of the rubber so that it's against the window so that it's soft. So when you get dirt and grit against the window rubber it wont scratch the window tints. If you take your finger and pull back the rubber you will notice that there is a second rubber further down the door. Apparently this is the one what scratches the window. I need to do mine and my wifes again. I was quote £200 for 4 windows that the two fronts on both of the cars. This included fitting felt along side the rubber :thumbsup:

jerry!!

happened on mine as well and i rand the guy do my windows and he said no matter what do you do they still happened again one of his mate own a yaris and they chage every things they could but still scratching and he said to me if i want to re-do it it will free of charge and he said but the things is it will happened again so i just dont bother to re-do it and i think it was the design of yaris windows is not really for tint

didnt you guys pay a bit extra to get unlimited warrenty on the tints?

Hi roywhlong

You said that you can get yours done again for free of charge. Then perhaps ask the guy to put some felt along the rubber and see if this is any better. It's worth a try :yes:

jerry!!

I'll be gettin my windows tinted soon but i'm not bothering with the front windows, too much hassle from the police and wots the point if they are just goin 2 get scratched?

Does the same thing happen on the back windows on 5-doors does any1 know?

Cheers :thumbsup:

No idea buddy :eek: I'm sure that someone will be along in a mo with better knowledge about the 5 door yaris.

jerry!!

got one new rubber installed on the passenger side and put the old one in on the drivers side until I get a new one there.didnt know about the felt but ill look into it they cost 21 euro each