Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Dash Mod

frankie406

I carbon wrapped the 'bridge' gear/handbrake area and the sides of the cd player.

also tinted the front fogs yellow.

post-114983-0-93861500-1401553130_thumb.

post-114983-0-39306000-1401553148_thumb.

post-114983-0-30958000-1401553168_thumb.

post-114983-0-22057100-1401553193_thumb.

• Like 2

LIke the carbon wrapping. Not sure about the yellow tinting of the foglights - won't the tinting make them less effective.

cheers frosty...dont know if it will make the fogs less effective.i will try them at night and post a pic up.

No it won't as it's not black colour. They will be actually better during fog now. Nice dash mod, although I would've colour coded it to your car's colour.

Nice job on the carbon wrapping, but I've never liked yellow frogs - oops, I mean fogs ! Too much of an old french tradition for me, but I respect your choice :)

Thought the black wrap for dash was more sportier.dont think blue would of been nice on the inside...the fogs was nice on a auris i seen here in belfast.looked the part..now looking to get 18"alloys and tint the rear windows.hope to change the lights to led (front) & HID kit.but with the mot centres saying they fail cars with them?

Yeah well you can always replace them with originals when you need to pass MOT.

my car passed its MoT with led and hid fitted as long as they were correctly levelled they were fine with them ... i have heard of people being failed however i know alot that pass their MoT. i like the carbon wrapping ... how did you do the tint is it a film over them. been looking at that myself but then i thing 6000k hid and yellow fogs might look daft

Buy 3000K HID Ben! Yeah that's film, might be Lamin-X but also any other else goes...

Why 3000k

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Think it looks class with led and hid smudge..and yeah its a yellow tint.just like you would do your tint on windows.

post-114983-0-34924900-1401657288_thumb.

• Like 2

Looks good

that one looks class in white with what looks like angel eyes aswell

Yeah guys looks good...want a white one now!!

• 2 months later...

how much carbon fibre do you need to cover that? My auris has a few scratches on the "silvery" areas such as the door handles, and was thinking of covering it all after seeing this (think the previous owner had a dog or something in their car!)

• 3 weeks later...

Why 3000k

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

It's just the colour range.

3000k is amber yellow

5000k is HID White

6000k is Cool White(has a hint of blue)

8000k is really into the blue range

12000k is into the purple range.... On seen a couple of these on the road....

So 3000k for the fogs then that way when not on look very standard and then when on looks yellow and yellow cuts through fog better than the 6000k beams I have as the dipped beam

Yes to the first part, and not sure about second... I don't use fogs as my HID lights are more than adequate for driving in fog. So I converted my fogs to Led drl's.

So 3000k for the fogs then that way when not on look very standard and then when on looks yellow and yellow cuts through fog better than the 6000k beams I have as the dipped beam

Yeah everything as you said! If you want good vision with stock look then that's the way to go. There are also yellow halogen bulbs if you don't want to go for HIDs. For dipped lights the best temperature is actually 4500K or something like that. 6000 is a bit too blue for best performance but it does look nice though!

How much did it cost you to do the carbon wrapping? Did you do it do the door handles also? I've been thinking of repaint those parts in gloss black but maybe this isn't a bad option. At least it won't wear off.

I, personally, don't see the fascination in carbon look... Real or otherwise.... Maybe it's because I work with the stuff on a daily basis.

That aside I think job looks well done...

• Like 1

Hi grip I haven't been on for a while. .If your asking me about the dash wrap it was around £5.to wrap it got it on eBay. .haven't done handles yet I've been flat out working. .thinking of changing to a dark silver brushed type aluminium look.