Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can You Spot The Iq?

tarquin

This article appeared in another club earlier this year, and doesn't seem to be very accurate.

For example:

1. The Port of Grimsby is the largest car import facility in the UK. New facilities opened in 2013 can handle two ships at a time, with each carrying up to 3000 vehicles. Vehicles unloaded are put directly into on-site car storage facilities. Grimsby handles 500,000 imported vehicles per year.

2. The Port of Sheerness is another of the UK's large car import facilities - handling 400,000 vehicles per year - and again has storage facilities for these vehicles.

3. Shanghai Automotive/Nanking would have had numbers of the Rover 75 in China for evaluation when they were in talks with MG Rover, and a rehashed version of the 75 was put into production by Shanghai Automotive - called the Roewe 750. Shanghai Automotive/Nanking bought the production lines of the MG Rover 75 and 25 and transferred these to China. They also bought the LDV Maxus production line and transferred that to China when LDV went bump.

4. Part of the former RAF/US air base at Upper Heyford is used for new and used car storage.

5. Valencia in Spain is where Ford produce versions of the Fiesta, C-Max, Kuga and Transit Connect - so the port of Valencia will have the facilities to store cars before they are exported.

6. The article refers to the purchase of a new Citroen Xsara Picasso. This was last imported into the UK in 2010 - which perhaps is representative of the article using old and outdated information.

7. The article is just a way to publicise a book.

• Like 1

Are you sure David?

Look like these are cars that were victimized by Sandy ...

Concerns Over Tarmac Storage of Sandy-Damaged Cars | NBC New York

www.nbcnewyork.com654 × 368Zoeken op afbeelding
Environmentalists
are complaining about an old airfield on Long Island being used to
store cars damaged by Sandy, citing public health concerns.

Here: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Sandy-Damaged-Cars-Storage-Tarmac-Airfield-Calverton-Airfield-Environmentalists-Protest-185331522.html

Ok actually, it was tongue in cheek where's Wally

David

• Like 1

Naaaice... I once bought such a book with big drawings.. "Where is Wally" .. for my brother in law..

And it is all about colors.. you know..

He was NOT amused..

You see : He is colorblind... ha ha .. I laughed, but I think he had toothache ... sort of... :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My View - Looking at all the pictures of "stored" new un sold cars, I guess the trick is to try and avoid buying one that has been standing for months ! I guess that is another item to put on the list to check if you are considering buying any new car !

Typical American nonsense. Sure I agree that the recession is way from over from my personal, family and close friends experience. Their businesses are still suffering, jobs whilst easier to find are still not like they once were and salaries are much reduced.

But are car sales stalling? A little I think, if the multitude of one time special offers I seem to get from manufacturers mailshots are anything to go by. I always used to get them but they're more often now.

I just think a lot of people slipped a few rungs on the wealth ladder during the recession and are finding it harder to climb up again. Those who hung on are wondering what the fuss is about, but those who slipped are having to significantly reassess their finances. But the land of milk and honey that the Government keeps pushing seems totally alien to me and I live in an affluent town. God help those who live in what were previously unemployment hotspots. They must be hellish now.

Unless you live in London, at which point everything is wonderful and apparently everyone else outside of the city doesn't contribute a dime and can go to hell. Or so it would appear.

• 3 months later...

People really shouldn't believe every thing they read, bristol is a main import yard for toyota and grimsby and Southampton are export yards, those car sat in the export yards are shipped every other day if not every day, the import yard are cleared just the same and moved to a in land yard like burnaston. So the toyota photos are of a full yard awaiting to be shipped or have just been brought in to the country.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links