Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drink Driving!

breezer

Have you ever drove afta a few drinks?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever drove afta a few drinks?

• Totally lashed yeah!!
    • Only a few!!
    • None at all

Anyone advocating drink driving is a ***** of the first order.

To knowingly drive on a public road when intoxicated is the most selfish thing it is possble to do as a motorist.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moffmo

• breezer

• jaxx

• Hou

Top Posters In This Topic

only one i hated it and it was emergence,not totally lashed but after 5 pints,mate had crashed his car!

couldn't he catch a taxi, a mate crashing is hardly an emergency....

when your best mate rolls his car is very shook up and cant get hold of his parents when i had had 5 over that many hours and he's crying down the phone it breaks your heart so yes it was a emergency for me thank you!!!! :ffs:

By the way i dont condone it in the least i think it is wrong and should never be done i regret it but its in the past!! :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

I think drink driving is bang out of order ..

I'll leave it at one drink tops .. it's kinda hard to go out for a meal and not have a drink .. so it's one and then it's cokes for me after that.

I have done it, and I'm not proud, and I deserved to loose my licence.

But now I just leave my keys alone when out on the lash.

A lad i knew a few years ago had bought a 1 year old rover 200 on credit, was a nice car and had only done about 7000 miles, anyway, after having it about 2 months he decided to go out on the *iss, it was winter and the roads were icy, at the end of his night out he attempted to drive home and lost control of his car and wrote it off! now here's the justice for his stupidity, he hadn't paid his motor insurance so the insurance company refused to pay up and he had to continue to make the payments himself for almost 4 years after writing it off :lol: the bit i can't understand though is he never got into trouble with the police for drink driving or anything? knowing this guy though he probably got his dad or somebody who was sobre to go to him and say they were driving!!

Well, i'll be honest here...

Once or twice when I was in California I did drive after having a single drink with a meal..

But I have never had a drink and drove in the UK, and no longer do it in the US either...

I've watched guys drive home after 6-7 pints, they're mostly farmers though... for some reason they don't believe that driving laws apply to them.

Mind you, they've never crashed/written off cars!

only one i hated it and it was emergence,not totally lashed but after 5 pints,mate had crashed his car!

couldn't he catch a taxi, a mate crashing is hardly an emergency....

when your best mate rolls his car is very shook up and cant get hold of his parents when i had had 5 over that many hours and he's crying down the phone it breaks your heart so yes it was a emergency for me thank you!!!! :ffs:

By the way i dont condone it in the least i think it is wrong and should never be done i regret it but its in the past!! :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

i guess he would have been just as grateful if you had killed someone or had a crash, nice of him really....

and yes I have been the one whose rolled the car, been taken to hospital without being able to contact family, and no I wouldn't have asked anyone who had been drinking to do anything, crashes unfortunately are part of driving people have to deal with it....

guys guys guys.......

You should know by now... lol. Vote... don't say you have or you will get a beating ! lol

tend to be in little villages etc, where they seem to do it every night!

They sometimes get legless and drive. i was really shocked and they are like" see yaaa lattterrss matteeyy"

Stupid.

If i go out on the *****, i never take my car keys so im not tempted, and i only take what iv got, if ya take a bank card or something...ya usally break into it!

That's true jim, but I admire Hou for at least being honest... which is probably a damn sight more than most of the posters here are being!

Personally I have never driven on more than 1 drink, often with a meal.

It's so hard to gauge what is legal and what's not, alot of people I know firmly believe the limit is 2 strong pints... and won't believe me when I tell them it's 2 units... problem which arises is that a pint of stella for example, is more than 2 units.

Meaning that one drink will put you over the limit anyway, even if only fractionally.

It's difficult to judge, I blame brewers and cloudy drink driving laws.

sam

Woah talk bout trying to start an arguement!I was being honest i never asked for your opinion i just stated what happened!

He never asked i just did,but like i said it was in the past i regretted it,but its over and done with and will NEVER happen again!

yaris boy, ill think youll find HALF a pint is a unit!

2 and a half pints of normal, weak stuff is on or under limit

OK, Sorry YarisBoy

ignore me!!!! Didnt read post correctly yes, a pint is two units but a stronger pint goes over that!!

Doh

Moffmo... well by your reckoning... if half a pint is a unit, then a full pint is 2 units.....

Also what do you class as week stuff, bitter?

Even in a pub that's gonna be 4% abv, and depending on how well the beer has been looked after it's variable.. could even be 5% abv!

Most lagers are strong anyway and will average around 5-5.5% abv draught, even fosters :lol:

Drink stella in a pub where it's properly looked after and served... you can expect it to be closer to 6% abv!

my point is that you just don't know how much drink is 'on the limit'

The simplest most easiest way is to realise that what the limit for you is, is NOT the same as the person next to you... Basically, you can be over the legal limit on 1 pint and you may not know it, its just down to how your body deals with alcohol - and people are SOOOOO different its untrue!

Its interesting to think that maybe 10 - 15 years ago, drink driving still wasnt thought of by the general public as a 'bad' thing...

i agree with sam that the law is very cloudy over the whole issue and the fact that no one is 100% on the units etc....

but you only have to be 1milligram over the limit on the tester and your effectively 'drunk-in-charge'

Units were a government method of trying to explain the system, but it complicates things...

What 1 unit is to YOU is not to ME.

ive an inkling Jimlad is one of them :P

I'll admit I have once... would never do it again. Very stupid and idiotic thing to do.

( no one shout at me!!! )

Units were a government method of trying to explain the system, but it complicates things...

good point!

We all get drunk easier than others

(Cheap night out for me!)

good point!

We all get drunk easier than others

(Cheap night out for me!)

youre lucky then :lol:

at modded nationals sat night was walking stone sober it felt after 13pints at least - nightmare!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links