Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipa Error On Brand New Auris Touring Sports

Cjp1

Just got my new car last Friday so over the weekend thought I'd give the intelligent park assist a try but every time I pressed the IPA button an error came up saying IPA NOT AVAILABLE TURN STEERING WHEEL TO LEFT END AND THEN RIGHT END.

Has anyone else had this problem, manual says if this repeatedly happens fake it go a dealer to look at which I will obviously have to do, but just wondered what happened with others that had this error.

I had this when I used the IPA for the first time. I turned the steering to the left until it was on full lock and then did the same for the right. Worked OK after that.

• Like 1

Yeah, sales man had that too, when He wanted to demo it for me. Said it is completely normal. The car needs to "calibrate" the steering the first time.

What does bother me though is that my car has NEVER found a left hand side space for parallel parking (although numerous times spaces have been available on the left hand side) whilst it is PRETTY good at finding spaces on the right hand side. My car i LHD but I have been told in an e-mail from Toyota that the car should scan for both left and right hand spaces.... Makes me wonder...

.... does it have the safety of your passengers in mind - ie parking where passengers can exit onto the pavement.

Would the opposite be true of right hand drive Auris - ie identifying spaces on the left in preference to spaces on the right?

I believe that you need to turn your left hand indicator on (right hand for RHD cars) as well as your IPA being on.

Yeah, that's it. Works fine!

I had this problem too, you have a few seconds to calibrate the system otherwise it ignores the attempt. When I drove down the road just after setting it up.

• 1 year later...

Help me, just picked up a new to me (2013) Auris excel with park assist, however it keeps being stuck at the calibration I.e. Turn left then turn right.

ive turned the wheel as requested with foot break, hand break, no break and it won't calibrate 

any my help appreciated, it booked in with Toyota but not for 2 weeks..

Does your profile need updating

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Does your profile need updating

Oops all done :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone any help on this - stil stuck in calibration ?

The way I eventually sorted my car out was to take it to a main dealer. As it was a new car they obviously didn't charge for this.

Thanks it's booked in, but hoped there was a quick way not listed in manual to re sync the calibration 

I have the same issue with my new Auris Hybrid. The normal calibration does not help.

This procedure solve my problem:

First make sure you have got engine started, apply the parking brake, depress the brake pedal and the gear is in P position.

1. Operate the light control switch within 5 seconds with the IPA main switch assembly pressed and held: Off=>Tail=>Off=>Tail=>Off=>Tail=>Off=>Tail=>Off=>Tail.

-Check that "WRITE ZERO-POINT OF STEERING ANGLE" is displayed on the multi-information display and the No. 2 clearance warning buzzer sounds at 0.15-second intervals.

2. Check that the steering wheel is centered (approximately +/- 5 degrees or less) and then press the IPA main switch.

-Check that "WRITE MAXIMUM STEERING ANGLE" is displayed on the multi-information display, the No.2 clearance warning buzzer sounds at 0.075-second intervals and the steering angle neutral point is memorized.

3. Turn the steering wheel to the left and right lock positions and press the IPA main switch.

-Check that "END OF ADJUSTMENT" is displayed on the multi-information display, the No. 1 clearance warning buzzer sounds for 1 second after the No. 2 clearance warning buzzer stops sounding and initialization is completed.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Thanks Auristi! Really helped me out as a new Auris in the family was having the same problem. Your guide worked a treat!

• 1 year later...

u cant simply calibrate it with just turning the steering wheel, my toyota dealer had to smash the steering wheel from one side to the other and then it worked

• 2 years later...

Hi @Auristi

What do you mean by this..

Off=>Tail=>Off=>Tail=>Off=>Tail=>Off=>Tail=>Off=>Tail

Explanation would be very helpful

lights off - side lights on -lights off - side lights on -lights off - side lights on -lights off - side lights on -lights off - side lights on