Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Voice From Google Map Nav Not Sent Through Car Audio Speakers

Nicolai

Telephone is connection via bluetooth and calling / receiving calls work flawlessly. But if I use the Google Map nav when connected via bluetooth, the voice directions can't be heard. If I then disconnect the bluetooth, the voice directions comes from the phone as normal. I thought ALL audio from phone with go through the car audio system when connected via Bluetooth. I can play mp3s from my phone just fine. Do I need to use an AUX cable from phone to car?

Car is Touring Sports Hybrid 2013.

I don't know what audio system or phone that you are using, but my guess would be:

The bluetooth system for phone calls is a hands free profile,

The bluetooth for music a an A2DP ( Advanced Audio Digital Profile) which is different to the HFP.

Your sat nav app does not use either of these profiles, but I could be wrong.

If you do use the Aux via an audio cable your phone will still work as usual, but you will not be able to use the music system or radio.

Someone else with better knowledge of your system will probably prove me wrong, but this is my best guess.

HTH

Does your phone have separate settings for music/voice? If so, they might not both be turned on. You'll need to connect to the car via bluetooth and check both sides (phone and car) to see that all boxes are ticked.

Did it worked and now stoped? if so try to delete the phone from the unit and pair them again.

• 4 weeks later...

Have u tried putting it in the AUX function as mine does the same I have an Auris T180

Sent from my SM-G900F using Toyota OC mobile app

Yoiu mean if I have tried plugging it into the AUX port by chord? No, I haven't.

When I connect my phone via BT the sat nav won't come out of the Speakers I then press the button marked AUX and then the sat nav comes out the Speakers. Hope this helps

I don't think I have AUX button. I can cycle through (via the steering wheel "mode" button) to AUX option though.

Can u play music from ur phone via the BT ?

Yes, no problem with that.

If its like mine I have to put the unit in AUX mode and the sat nav comes through

• 1 month later...

I just tried connecting my Samsung galaxy xcover 2 from the earphone/audio out to the aux input in the car. Using a 3.5 mm minijack. No luck. I cannot play anything this way. Can someone help with this. It is getting really frustrating.

Everything works now. Perhaps the jack wasn't pushed all the way into the output jack of the phone the first couple of times. Nice to have the navigation coming through the Speakers now. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links