Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk-law

YarisTS_Germany

just wondering what kinda car tuning is legal and what's not there... How do you handle jap-spec parts like body kits, spoiler etc?? Just fit and drive??

theres very little thats illegal to be honest

as long as the car is road worthy and theres not bits hanging off and its mechanically sound then you are generally ok

there is a issue with certain light clusters and window tints tho

yeah neons aswell oh and spoilers arnt allowed to protrude furthar than the sides of the car

yeah, someone on here got done for that!

Oh yeah you cant have an exhaust that is too loud either!

:eek::eek::eek::blink::blink:

Dammit... here you need permits and paper stuff for EVERY singe thing you change at your car! Even when you tint your windows or apply eyebrows.... you need a special permit to use that.... it has to be approved and sealed off by a technical institute here, otherwise you don't have the permission to operate the car. Anything you change will decline the permission of operation, therefore it's illegal to drive that car :blink: unless you bring your car to a garage and let someone who is appoved by the government check your car and your mod and he will then apply that in your car papers. However, you need that kinda special permit of that institution.... otherwise they won't apply the mods to your paper... and there is NO way, unless you have lots of money. So J-Spec parts are mostly illegal....

If the police stops you and checks your papers and you've got mods that aren't applied in your car papers, then you've gotta pay a lot of money, lose your driving license for a few month or they can even devalidate your liscense plates!!! That s**** big time, really.... I pretty annoyed about that. German law just stinks....

I was just wondering how it's there in england....

A lot of advertisers in the uk that sell german parts (usually for Veedubs and BMW) state that the part is TUV approved. Does that mean a TUV approved part will be legal for road use in germany?

damn thats a bit harsh isnt it!

A lot of advertisers in the uk that sell german parts (usually for Veedubs and BMW) state that the part is TUV approved. Does that mean a TUV approved part will be legal for road use in germany?

exactly, that's it...

Yah, we ain't got any speed limits on our motorways :P :D that's one small advantage... How ever, I don't have a chance with my T-Sport either.... it doesn't run more than 200-210 kp/h and there are always guys who are faster than you ;) (bmws, benzes, porsches, ferraris sometimes and so on). I'd need a Supra MKIV to compete with them :D

Overtook a police car on the motorway yesterday ;) they were going about 100kph (60mph) and I went about 200 (120mph).... whoooooooooooooooooosh, that was cool :D and that's legal :)

Overtook a police car on the motorway yesterday ;) they were going about 100kph (60mph) and I went about 200 (120mph).... whoooooooooooooooooosh, that was cool :D and that's legal :)

LOL :lol: I wish we could do that! If any of us tried we would loose our licence and might even be jailed!

exactly, that's it...

Yah, we ain't got any speed limits on our motorways :P :D that's one small advantage... How ever, I don't have a chance with my T-Sport either.... it doesn't run more than 200-210 kp/h and there are always guys who are faster than you ;) (bmws, benzes, porsches, ferraris sometimes and so on). I'd need a Supra MKIV to compete with them :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumbsup:

Hi

Here in Spain it is abit like in Gemany . if you add anything then you have to have it added to the paperwork of the car. Even changing the wheels and size of the tyres specified in the papaerwork . Otherwise if the police stop and do a check you are fined on the spot . Window tints can only be applied to the rear wind screen and rear side windows . You can get away with a light tint on the front side windows if you cheat by having the tops of the windows filed down so that the 2 - 3 mm left at the top is not seen . Fron screen is not allowed .

Insurance here is a nightmare. If you have a hatchback such as a pug 206 or saxo , punto etc. and it is over 110 bhp . companies here will not touch them .

the 140 bhp 206 gti is on the banned list . I was after a corsa gsi until I found I couldnt get insurance. Was able to get the Yaris no problem but I think itsa bit more than UK. I paid 900 euros but with full no claims , could get it for 700 later

If I modify it then the insurance will be crazy . I was on the tte website

planned to have the compressor kit , induction kit etc . Couldnt get the insurance on it ,, BAH ! :ffs: :ffs: :arrgg-matey: :censor: :censor: :crybaby:

I think a lot of people in the UK would happily cope with the extra paperwork concerning modding their cars, just for one thing....

that motorway with no speed limit!

Yup got to agree with that . Used to travell up and down the whole of UK in my last Job . Had vectra 2.2 dti and mondeo lx tdci -- used to floor it where I could

eg M5 between kidderminster turn off down to Bristol and towards Exeter

M1 /A1 heading up to Doncaster

M62 from Hull to A1/m1 north bound turn off

M6 from the merge from M1 coventry up to Birmingham

M6 past Preston most of the way up to Carlisle ( especially between lake district to Carlisle )

Ahh yes fond memories :drool::rolleyes: :P

just to point out Im not saying there are no speed limits just that in those areas you didnt have to worry , not cops , no traffic

I also remember a good run on the M40 from Oxford to birmingham once

7 pm friday

max speed all the way on the inside lane !!

cominin back M6 from big meet in birmingham, 100mph all the way flat out 1.0l yaris barely a car in site! whoooooooooo!

headlights which are not yellow or white

high powered headlights

fogs swiched on when its not foggy

headlight/sidelights on when its day time

mooning

loud music between 11PM-6AM

sidelights in the day are legal as volvos have auto lights which are almost always on,

HOWEVER, it's legal to urinate on the rear wheels of your car in public.

(The law was passed for Stagecoach drivers who found it necessary to do this for keeping the brakes cool. Never been repealed. :thumbsup: )

Rich

LMFAO, Is it illegal to urinate on front wheels then?

Course it is. That's the horses' job!

wheels are also not allowed to stick out pass the body

cat and dogs pee on cars all the time!

on my numerious trips to germany last year, i went to see a supplier in solingen near cologne.

he picked me up from the airport in a brand new m5.

Proceeded to do 150-160 mph on the autobahn, whilst mking an entry on his PDA

**** my pants would be an understatment

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links