Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed!

Sledge92

Hi all, I have a '92 Carina II, there's an intermittent fault where the central locking, windows and sunroof won't operate, they'll always close but not open again and it usually takes several hours to start working again. The alarm activates and de-activates as normal but when the problem is present the alarm won't actually sound when i open a door, any ideas?

Cheers,

Sledge

Hi Mate,

these damn alarm systems can fox us all, when they start going wrong. I presume when you try to operate this, you are using the fob mostly.

If so? ----- Have you tried a new fob Battery or opening it up, and taking the Battery out and gently cleaning where the Battery sits with say a cotton bud.

Not sure exactly which system yours is, but failing that, you may need to synchronise your fob to its self and maybe then the drivers door. Does it not say anything in your hand book for you model. with my 97 Carina it says for the actual fob, to hold the 2 buttons down for 2 seconds and as far as I know hold the 2 buttons to the drivers door for 10 seconds.

Have never tried mine, as when I bought the car it seemed to be stuck in some kind of neutral mode and I can jump in and out of it without the alarm, going off, by just using my key, and I have shrewdly left well alone! But if and when, it does go, I wont expect any one here to help ---- that's for sure!??

Alright buddy ,

Thanks for your response, luckily i just managed to fix it, well partly, turns out the window relay was intermittent, and when it would play up it would trip the circuit breaker for the doors, windows and sunroof, i've swapped it over with the relay for the rear fog light for now =] Intermittent problems are always a bugger to sort.

Haha i'd be tempted to get that alarm working right but then you do hear stories of these Carina alarms going off for no reason at 3am so maybe it's left as it is! =]

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links