Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Alignment

Bono Estente

Hi I need to get my wheels aligned, can anyone suggest a place that can do 4 wheel alignment and know how to use the alignment machines.....

Ive noticed ats euromaster now have a computerised alignment machine...has any one use them before?

Well just been to ATS this morning and they only adjust the toe, they dont do the camber settings....O dear sharp exit on my behalf.

Many of these centres have all the gear but no idea - tracking is often their limit and it's common to end up with the steering wheel off centre. If you want the very best at a reasonable price - it's worth a trip to Demon Tweeks in Wrexham. They'll also have off-set bolts in stock if necessary when adjusting the front camber.

Thanks Does ayone have the wheel alignment specifications for a 2005 5dr rav4 D4D Thanks

Technical Information in the pinned section.

Ive looked but can't understand it....im lookin g for front and rear camber tolerances. Am I right in saying -0.50 degree's for front and backs... this is taken from the pinned section?

For your car front camber would be - 0 deg 20mins +/- 45 mins so if the camber was outside the range, you'd set it centre ie negative camber 0 deg 20 min.

Similarly the rear would be - 0 deg 50 mins +/- 45min. Again if out of spec, you'd set it at negative camber 0 deg 50 min. For the rears the values are for 235 60 16 tyres. - theres a slightly different set of values for alternative tyres. Any decent garage will have access to a system such as Autodata for technical specs. Unfortunately adjusting the camber will affect the tracking so this needs checking / adjusting afterwards.

Depending on the adjustment required it might be necessary to change the reduced diameter bottom bolt on the front strut. Toyota have 3 different bolts to enable this adjustment. My advice would be to fit offset camber bolts which give a wide range of adjustment (around £18 per pair).

It goes without saying that it's pointless adjusting parameters such as camber if there are issues which caused the out of spec condition in the first place. Usual culprits are worn top strut mounts and worn / soft / collapsed wishbone pivot bushes.

My culprits are a 2" lift with spring spacers all round.......not to mention the front sub frame being removed while I delt with the dmf and clutch change.

Its all a bit wonky....

Got it all done today cost me £144 mind...Expensive I know but its the only place I know around my area that really knows what they are doing......

I bought camber bolts for £18 for the fronts as they are not adjustable...I did not know Toyota did them? But probably cost more that £18 if they knew what it was I wanted...

The rear is fully adjustable so no problems there......But the paper work I have with the rav on previous geo`s says the rear camber was set at -1.34 which just by looking at it by eye, you can tell its too negative..

got them set to fronts -0.28

rears -0.45

all good just sort of a bit of cash now....

That's expensive!

As rule of thumb changing the ride height by two inches changes the camber by 1.5 degrees. Wrong camber is a great way to scrub out tyre tread incredibly quickly - so worth checking if you have unusual tyre wear, particularly if the wear pattern is different on both sides.

Toyota use waisted bolts to adjust camber - they list three different diameter bolts. Proprietary camber bolts are far better - the bolt has an offset centre and they're easy to adjust accurately.