Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Modifications And Upgrades

iQ-Chris

here is my small mod up to yet,... and the roof spoiler,window visor, hid headlight, led side light strips etc, as owned this black beauty since last December, now asking for full led interior mod. like Chris

post-145797-0-37504200-1423695836_thumb.

post-145797-0-80973300-1423695901_thumb.

post-145797-0-99973400-1423695959_thumb.

post-145797-0-86384000-1423696268_thumb.

Car looks great, Danny. I really fancy a spoiler but they generally seem quite pricey.

In the meantime, I paid only a couple of quid for a really simple way to give my passengers somewhere they can keep an eye on their phone while it's being charged. It looks wonky but it's at the right angle when sitting in the car (I think..).

I'm getting one for the driver's side, too, as it'll save losing carpark tickets in the door pockets. How boring

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

post-141159-142376760097_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just going back to the tailgate lock cover for a minute Chris, Did you buy the part new and if so, do you have a part number for it please?

Cheers, Craig.

Hi Danny,

Can you tell me/us what have you done to your headlight (i'm talking about your avatar picture)? Is it a led?

Gonçalo

yes i delete the Original side light, and replced it with LED strip, looks v.great and angry at night, danny

• 1 month later...

Next up: brake callipers, carefully painted red. It's as close to being a "boy racer" as I'll ever get, but it has smartened up that previously unsightly bare metal. I'm really pleased with them but if I change my mind, I'll just paint them back to grey, or even black.

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

post-141159-142844141959_thumb.jpg

post-141159-142844143861_thumb.jpg

Great job on the callipers. I have been meaning to do mine for ages... inspiration and already bought silver paint. Get on with it then! By the way, what make of paint did you use?

Thanks Bob. I used red Hammerite; two coats (with a 45 minute break between coats) and it was done. I let it dry overnight.

I did quite a lot of research and decided against Halfords calliper paint because it seemed to require more coats and longer drying periods. I guess only time will tell if I made the right choice!

Chris

iQ² ☆ black with red leather ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

Something else I've done is add a gloss black finish to the top of the centre console trim. It took a lot of time and patience, but I'm happy with the result.

I also added some adhesive felt to the inside of the cupholder.

Chris

post-141159-142848663335_thumb.jpg

Chris, thats v.nice, also noticed you have heated seat on yours,great , never seen one fitted in uk spec,

• Like 1

i haven t done much lately, just done that USB charger due to these rubbish smart phone Battery,

post-145797-0-18303100-1428525584_thumb.

• 1 month later...

A very minor update! I noticed the screws at the base of the driver/front passenger seatbelts. I then decided that if a Lexus can have these covers, then so can my iQ...

Chris

post-141159-143249230914_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Chris very nice additions :thumbsup: what is the Part # for the dual usb plug in you have ? & the part # for the bolt covers on seatbelts.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, the bolt covers; I didn't keep the bags with the numbers on but if you ask your dealer, like I did, then they should find it easily. The USB connection was posted by someone else, not me :)

Chris

Today's easy modification: A padded insert for the internal door pulls (earlier models didn't have this door pull). Soft to the touch :)

post-141159-143413439815_thumb.jpg

Chris

• Like 1

A note on the door upgraded handles is that when fitting them, there is a self tapping screw in the base of the cup part which has a cover over it

Well on an older model that didn't have these handles but instead a flat plate, there is nothing to screw these screws to but putting a 'blind" screw in there any way it holds the screw cover making it very neat when looking into the handle cup

David

Car looks great, Danny. I really fancy a spoiler but they generally seem quite pricey.

In the meantime, I paid only a couple of quid for a really simple way to give my passengers somewhere they can keep an eye on their phone while it's being charged. It looks wonky but it's at the right angle when sitting in the car (I think..).

I'm getting one for the driver's side, too, as it'll save losing carpark tickets in the door pockets. How boring

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

*edit bought the net pockets off ebay* - however wondered which USB you bought, and how easy was it to fit

This looks great. Where did you find them? Also, which USB charger port did you buy?

Thanks

Edited by Luke667

Today's easy modification: A padded insert for the internal door pulls (earlier models didn't have this door pull). Soft to the touch :)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByToyota OC1434134396.924481.jpg

Chris

Great!!

I would like to do the same to my 2009 IQ (LHD).

Can you tell me where you find that?

Thanks,

Gonçalo

Hi Gonçalo

I made the inserts for the door pulls myself :) Toyota make something similar for the Prius, but not the iQ.

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links