Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Perfomance Mods For A 2005 Toyota Corolla Verso 2.0D4D

il_napoletano

Hi

I have a toyota corolla verso 2.0D4D 2005. And in a few weeks I'm going to service it, but i was thinking. Is there any mods I could do to improve performance? airfilters etc.

I was also thinking of getting a tuning box. But I'm a bit confused of all the options etc.

Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

Hello James - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As regards tuning boxes make enquiries via a personal message with Parts King, detailing your car and what you want, as to whether he can supply something suitable for you - for Parts King, go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsors Corner and Lindop Toyota.

I don't make a habit of advertising anything w/out personal experience, but after years of using K&N's panel air filters I'm happy to recommend their use. There are lots of tuning box options out there just now, but Kingo's certainly get thumbs-up from many on here. It's not the cheapest around, but that's simply because it isn't a pile of junk as others can be. There is a huge thread on the subject in this forum, so have a good read & decide for yourself :)

Keep us posted :)

My Dad recently got a Verso, but it feels so sluggish compared to my 1.4 Yaris and my brother's 2.0 Corolla :lol:

I don't make a habit of advertising anything w/out personal experience, but after years of using K&N's panel air filters I'm happy to recommend their use. There are lots of tuning box options out there just now, but Kingo's certainly get thumbs-up from many on here. It's not the cheapest around, but that's simply because it isn't a pile of junk as others can be. There is a huge thread on the subject in this forum, so have a good read & decide for yourself :)

Did the k&n air filters give any improvement?

That's a difficult thing to prove absolutely James, but I do think there's a very small improvement in MPG & even smoother acceleration. Not a scientific judgment perhaps but worth it in the long run as you're not changing paper filters every year either.

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, a quick follow up. I'm currently looking at my tuning box options, but I was thinking. Is 200,000km (125,000mi) too much to tune? Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links