Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

yaris and diesel stuff

Yarisboy

what mpg does the diesel yaris achieve alan? i'm guessing it must be somewhere around 300mpg! :D :lol:

sam when they first released the D4D i had a free test day with one! (basically i had it for the day while mine was bein serviced)

i gotta say i was very impressed. the torque is twice as much as the 1.0 and they can blitz them of the lights! on pulling power up a steep hill you may even have the advantage over the TS!

and as far as i can remember i avraged 72mpg! over the day and that was givin it a bit of stick!

I love the modern diesel engines rob, I bet the torque in a little car like the yaris is alot of fun :thumbsup:

the remapped VAG 1.9tdi can achieve 300ft/lb torque quite easily, and 350with a hybrid turbo :o

My dad's got it in his car, and overtaking is just effortless :D

What's more interesting though, is that the same 1.9pd engine is in the ibiza... which is tiny! hmmmmm 190bhp, 300torque and 40+mpg in the ibiza, sounds good to me :D

Sam,

The lowest I've got in 4 months and 6,500 miles is about 52mpg, the best was 64.2 but that was in the snow where I was taking it (very) easy most of the time. A tank lasts at least 480 miles but normally about 520. My average speed over a tankful is normally about 45 to 46mph.

As you can see, I'm a bit sad about all of this :unsure: and I really have to get out more. I've even started keeping a wee book... :crybaby:

Cheers,

Alan

PS: you can easily end up 20mph over the speed limit without even trying. You actually have to keep slowing down!

lol alan, you sound like a dude to me :thumbsup:

500 miles to a tank can't be bad either :yes:

you get around 400 out of the 1.0, and I can't complain - economy is a big plus for the yaris :)

sam, they are good, very impressive compared to the old tat and 300lb/ft! awesome! youll be able to drive up the side of a mountain!

the diesel in the ibiza is also a much better engine than the cupra turbo engine!

due to power to weight etc and the 'unlimited torque' etc....

Diesels have alot more pulling power and torque, on some good diesels you can set off with the clutch easily. brillant

Tend to be slow if ya into fast acceraltion tho!

exactly rob, it's probably the best £/performance mod you can get as well ... on pretty much any car around!

in the a4 it still pulls hard in 6th gear, and an ibiza is significantly lighter than that... I wouldn't bet against a 6 second 0-60 in a remapped tdi ibiza :o

It cost £430 to get a full custom remap on rollers, it upped the power from 130bhp and around 200torque... to 195bhp and 304torque.

Also there's a loophole in most insurance companies - but I won't make it public knowledge, i'll tell you on msn later :D

Yeah, you don't actually need to touch the throttle when manouvering around in car parks!

Acceleration's good once you're going, but when it's cold it can pause just when you're trying to pull out of junctions. I think it's slightly faster than either of my Dad's RAV4s (even newer 2.0 vvti one) once you're moving.

Sorry Breezer, but I don't often get to sing the praises of the lowly diesel round here! :bye:

thats mint that is mate! 430 nicka for a 65bhp increase! cant grumble!

and over a ton of torque, wow!

i love the a4 i think its a beautiful car, especially the Autostyle prepped cars!

i have drove one in std form and was impressed by the engine greatly, just not my cup-o-tea on the handling, OBVIOUSLY its a family car that most folk 'require' comfort for.

id much prefer it to be on a good setup with the suspension, some uprated brakes and ultra grippy tyres and youll have a pretty mean road weapon i would think!

(ill be on msn later today buddy)

lol rob, good move changing the topic and moving it :D

I'll wang some photos of the a4 over later on if you want, it's the sport model with bodykit and kraft wheels.

the suspension is very good I find, quite stiff and corners flat... had an A3 2.0 FSI and the suspension on that made passengers feel ill :lol:

It came with 235/45/r17 dunlops as standard too - which was nice :D

actually those tyres need changing soon... 300torque might be alot of fun but you don't half eat the front tyres :(

i wanted a diesel to start off with was gonna get a seat arosa 14.tdi

:eek: glad i didnt now!!! Although this yaris diesel seems super good!

It is, but it's really pretty expensive. You have to be doing the miles to make it pay for itself (although the way fuel prices are going... :ffs: ).

Seat Arosa - pah!

i know! i cant believe i even thought of getting seat arosa!

yeah i noticed the diesel is over ten grand...:eek:

and for the fuel prices, i predict a strike soon enough!

I can survive for 2 weeks!

Before getting my old 1.0S I thought about a Smart!

I agree about the strike though. My Dad has a haulage firm, you should hear him on that subject... I doubt that his trucks will be trying to blackade depots though - that would be biting the hand that feeds him!

moff - no my yaris is petrol

diesel is 86p a litre now isn't it?

people will only take so much tax/inflation... and I agree, if things keep going the way they are then a strike is iminent.

Slightly off topic, but company i used to work for had a fleet of the turbo diesal Dyna tipping trucks. Used to drive them each day to heathrow from Dorset and mpg was really good, but the best bit was the acceleration for a diesel!

Really comfy to drive too!!

Biff

sam

so it seems the audi already has a decent setup???

i must have drove a lesser setup then cos it wallowed like mad and the tyres were only skinny crap

i think yo sent me a pic of it before, metallic grey as far as i can remember?

The Yars D4D is a great little motor!

It's sooooo torquey and really pulls well. Went on a course up to Nottingham and did over 300 miles & used only 1/4 tank! :thumbsup:

Did you know that BMW think this engine is so great, they've put it in the Mini?

That's how good the D4D is!!

:bye:

I've just remembered:-

In Autocar last week they mentioned that Toyota were going to put a tuned version of the 1.4 diesel into the Corolla to replace the lower-powered old 2.o litre diesel.

With that up front I could probably keep up with you T-Sport drivers for a bit!

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links