Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

yaris and diesel stuff

Yarisboy

you could probably get the d4d remapped in a similar way to the vag units alan... you lose very little in terms of mpg either for the extra power you gain

torque is the be all and end all of diesel driving, and it's alot of fun leaving soot on most other cars on the road :)

i drive a d4d :)

getting a ok 51mpg on a 50/50 town and motorway drive.

Just on the motorway i managed 57mpg. not great but i have a heavy foot :D

The highest i've got on my petrol was 58mpg and the lowest was a lowly 28mpg! :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

I get 99.9MPG while coasting and 18MPG when driving 110MPH+

Hi,

I own a Yaris 1.4 D-4D, i would like to know what improvements can i make.

What are the improvements which are important and which are nice to have but not neccessary plus what is the downside of that improvement (i.e cost, insurance, side-effects etc), any other info relevant would be great.

Overall i would like to know what can i do to make my diesel better performance and handling with least drawback. The more detailed the better.

Thanks and i am sure all the diesel owners will appreciate. :thumbsup:

there are various chips for the d4d availible to up the performance a little (do a search on this forum) but from what i understand it reduces economy and low end torque a little. Another cheap and far easier upgrade is Shell diesel extra. has anyone else used it? I really do notice a difference, acceleration is smoother and a little better, noise is down and i noticed a couple of miles better economy per a gallon. It's the same price as regular diesel as well :D

one of the annoyances i have with the d4d is the body roll and understeer. But those really can't be helped with the tall yaris body and heavy diesel engine up front. I haven't done it yet but i think if you lowered the car with some better suspension might help a lot on the handling front.

let us know how things go :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links