Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternator Removal - Corolla T Sport

Kozzy

Hi,

My alternator is making loads of noise and I have got myself a recon replacement and am in the process of swapping it in. I have seen a couple of videos on YouTube etc showing how to get it out but these all seem to be slightly different car setup. My car has a hose coming out of the driver's side of the top of the engine that goes straight over the top of the alternator, along the top of the radiator and down into the recess of the front passenger wheel arch. I'm guessing this is part of the air-conditioning system? If so, how best to get the alternator out without disconnecting one of the aircon hoses? Do any of the bolts needs to be torqued to a specific level when reinstalling? Are there any guides that show a UK car that has aircon?

The car is a 2004 (facelift) Corolla T Sport.

Thanks,

Hi, can you please tell me where you got the reconditioning done from. Thanks!

• 7 months later...

Slightly old thread.. But for future readers...

This is part of an air injection system in to the exhaust manifold. It is there to help with cold start emissions.

You can disconnect the rubber hose and the plastic pipe is held on by 2 bolts under the plastic cover

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links