Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will Any Toyota Car Key Open ?

Kitkat-HK

Hi there.

Would anyone able to tell me this question I got in my mind ?

I got a verso 07 plate which has the smart key that you got to put into the hole to start the car up . At the back of the smart key u can pull the small key out to open and unlock the car door .

I am sure that small key can only open your own verso car door but the question is :

Can I use that small key or can someone else use a small key from another verso to open up the glove box ??

The reason I ask that is I will leave my car to the parking service with my smart key (without small key) so I can lock all my thing into the glove box . But my concern is can they open my glove box by using another small key from another verso ?

With thanks .

Kitkat-HK

If you give up your keys to the car then nothing is secure...

Hi thanks for your reply . I will only leave them the main smart key to open the door and start the engine . I will removed the small key which used for the glove box .

I know anyone can force open the glove box without the key but I likes to mades it harder for them so they will change their mind to a easily target .

Thanks

Kitkat-HK

Hi by the way. I don't mean anyone will try to do it . I just likes to be on the safe side and keep my belonging in the glove box safe.

So do anyone think the small key can open any other verso's glove box ?

Kitkat-HK

I've found that you can open most glove boxes with a lollipop stick :lol:

Finish the lollipop first though - especially if it is a Swizzles, Refreshers or Drumstick

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links