Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Lock

vmail

Should I make a auto lock device  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make a auto lock device

• Yes, good idea
    • No, installing the auto lock on the starter circuit will burn out the relay
    • No, stop being lazy you got 30metres of extra cables in the car
    • Other, you know the script, leave your comment

As you know Manchester is a bad area, so I fort may be I could install an auto lock, so I dont for get to lock the doors as I am driving

Manchester is a hole but i cant be ****d right now to figure out wot the other options mean

ive got autolock as soon as the speedo hits 15mph

but what the poll is on about i dont know!

make one? 30m of cable?

you should re-word the poll, ive got no idea what your options are and how they ahve any significance?!

I'd have thought that if Manchester is such a bad place to be/drive, you wouldn't forget to lock the car doors anyway! :fear:

there is 30meters of extra cables cos of all the mods Ive but in, rob what you said is a good idea but is to complex for me to make

who said that it will burn out the relay, how much current is going through the starter circuit?

the coil on the starter can hit about 450amps!

erm, my push-start button is rated at 10A/250Vac and I used mains cable, should I be worried?

Manchester is not that bad, there are a few areas where you need to lock your doors though... moss side for one.

If you're on the ball anyway you'd just press the 'lock all doors' button soon as you're about to enter a bad area..... not that difficult.

• 4 years later...

if you have any question or want to know more info about lock just visit this site,,its really help...

Its second nature to press the ‘Lock all doors’ button as soon as I get into my car, it soon becomes a habit. It’s a great feature on my Yaris. It can be set by Mr T to auto lock if I needed it but it’s just as easy to press the button :thumbsup:

Plenty of aftermarket alarms have the option to automatically lock the doors once the ignition is started. As long as you have central locking shouldnt be too hard to do.

Edit: Just relaised someone have bumped up a post from 2004! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links