Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parrot Mki9000 For A 2008 Toyota Auris

Reuben G

Hi. I would like to install the Parrot kit mentioned above. I think it's good due to there is no screen that's needs to be installed. I would like to know if it's a good idea or not. Has anyone installed this kit? Or maybe install other MKi kits. Really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Haven't used that particular kit but have fitted and used Parrot 3100 kits in several vehicles. If you're confident at stripping your dash down the 3100 is pretty easy to fit, and the wiring is picked up via an adapter cable (an extra £15 or so) plugged into the back of the stereo. There's a "brain" which needs hidden behind the dash somewhere, and the adapter cable needs routed to this from the stereo. Then the mic cable needs routed from the brain to wherever you fit the mic, and similarly to the screen on the 3100. Fittng some of the cables can be tricky due to space constraints.

The units always worked perfectly. You can pair more than one phone (but only one can be connected at any time), and it syncs all your contacts. You can record voice tags to contacts and, although it's a bit time consuming, it works great since it matches your own voice recording - so there's none of that "calling Joe when I said John" malarkey. You can also dial a contact using the screen buttons, or similarly enter a number to dial, or you can use your phone to dial and it still comes through the kit. If you've added a voice tag to a contact, it'll say "John" (in your voice) as well as the ring tone when John calls. To dial "John", you press the big button, wait on a beep, say "John", and it says "John" back to you, and it calls "John". You don't need to even glance at the screen.

I assume the kits are now a bit more advanced than the 3100, with multiple phone connections and bluetooth streaming etc, but the good-old 3100 does what it's supposed to, and does it well. As a side note I have an Avensis with built in bluetooth and music streaming and although the streaming works great, it takes about 20 secs to connect every time you switch the ignition on or after a call, so it's a bit annoying if you do a lot of calling, or stop/start driving. If you're thinking of music streaming I suggest maybe looking for some kit which allows an ipod connection as well, since it's almost instantly back to music.

Sorry for being long-winded, but hopefully it gives you a better insight :)

• Like 1

Alan's answer is perfect.

I agree with not having a display. When I am driving, I don't want any more distractions or temptations. My system is a very similar Novero Trustyone, which is not common now. The Novero had the advantage of having 2 phones paired simultaneously, so I could receive calls from either. When I bought it a few years back, it was the same price as the equivalent Parrot 3100, so I chose the Novero. I could also stream MP3 from the first connected phone too!

Also if I change the car, it can be installed in any car.

Do you have to buy an adaptor for it to plug in or ist something that has to be snipped and soldered in

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Do you have to buy an adaptor for it to plug in or ist something that has to be snipped and soldered in

I've done it both ways and the money for the adapter cable is well worth it.

Is this for the Auris

Can be fitted to pretty much any car.

I mean for the adaptor

The Parrot kit is generic, but you then buy an adapter lead to suit your make of car.

Right oh think I'm gonna look into that then as I all for not having a display there is is enough to look at already with out another display

Hi guys. Yes I think it's the best option that I have found because you do not have change your headunit for having the USB and AUX function as a bluetooth phone option. It will save you some money for expensive headunit and when installed it works perfectly with no screen to be installed so leaving your original looking and totally safe with wiring connections when you buy the wiring harness. Totally plug and play. Parrot is the brand that is tried and tested. The quality is excellent from reviews on the Internet. The software can be upgraded as well. I ordered mine. When I do install I will post pictures of it.

• Like 1

Ideal nice little build thread for it

Just to clarify... The voice dialling functions (and installation) I mentioned earlier are relevant to the Parrot 3100 kits I've used. I don't know if the other Parrots perform similarly, so please make sure the kit you fancy will do what you need before you buy it :)

• Like 1

How would you go about finding out which adaptor you need

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I did give certified parrot installer to install the MKi9000 kit. Unfortunately due to time constraints I had to leave the car without taking any photos of the install but he did say if you know how dismantle the dash the rest is just plug and play with the instructions on the wiring and on the manual. There is the pics of the cable in the glove box and the pics of the microphone placement. I placed the microphone by the rear view mirror without the clip so that it sits neatly from the hood lining. I preferred that way so it's neat in my opinion. I placed the cord into the plastic holder that is mounted onto the windows for the auto glare sensor.

post-141853-0-68079500-1406732056_thumb.

post-141853-0-85553100-1406732160_thumb.

Hi guys. I felt that the hole wasn't all that neat in the pictures above so I decided to come up with a idea. I used a rubber moulding to make the drilled circle the around the Parrot kit coupling look neat. The rubber moulding that I used was from a rubber that was meant to be used for doors from a car parts shop. I purchased the smallest one available and cut it to size and placed around the coupling. It's looks neater now. I did it just to neaten it up. Here's a pic below.

post-141853-0-63529900-1407064820_thumb.

so which system did you go for and how much did it cost to buy and get fitted to if you dont mind me asking

Hi. I installed the Parrot MKi9000. It's the one that does not have a screen. I installed as above. It cost me R400 in South Africa.

Sorry. I cost me ZAR 1700 for the Parrot MKi9000 kit and ZAR400 to install in my 2008 Toyota Auris.

• 3 months later...

Hi. Sorry for late reply. Yes I installed one due to having all the functions mentioned above for a reasonable price. My remains with the original interior look with this functions. If you sell your vehicle then you can remove the Parrot Kit and install in the new vehicle if the need to be. All just plug and play. For me it was best option available for the price. I am totally pleased with item.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just orderd my MKi9000, cant wait to get this installed. Is there any electronic issues in the car by installing this in the car? Would the warrenty be void?

Hi. This Parrot kit is a Plug and Play installation. There is no cutting of wires etc as long as you purchase the harness which Parrot can supply to you. There is no warranty issues because there is no cutting of wires. I have no issues whatsoever. I am enjoying my Parrot Kit. Let me know how you feel about it after installation. All the best