Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Wiper Arm - Any Out There?

CarinaIIestateman

Hi carina people - I'm new on here, owner of a lovely reliable blue 91 Carina II estate with 220,000. My problem is a broken wiper arm spring on the offside front meaning no wiper - good job it's a dry summer here!

It seems as though a replacement arm is needed as I don't know if the spring is available seperately, so does anyone have one I can purchase?

I called the local dealer for price etc after a fruitless scrapyard search and he said the wiper arms for these cars are discontinued...

I would be very happy if anyone can help :)

Could try sending Parts King a personal message, detailing what car you have and what you need (eg driver's side or passenger side) If it has been discontinued, ask whether her can suggest an alternative (eg if available, would a wiper arm from a Corolla of the same vintage fit). For Parts King go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsors Corner and Lindop Toyota.

Nice one for your help - I'll send them a message and see what comes up. Good idea about the wiper arm from another Toyota of this era fitting. The Carina II's are getting a bit rarer now!

Thanks mate, I tried Lindop Toyota and they also said the wiper arm is discontinued. I'll have to find out if it is interchangeable with other Toyotas such as Carina E.

Lucky it's nice dry weather!

Hey lad, id say your quickest bet if you can't get a spare or second hand one from a scrapper is buy a later model arm and repair your s if its only a broken spring, I used to have an 1985 liftback version of one of these great cars pity the rust finished her off!

• 4 weeks later...

I went down the local scrap yard (a proper one where you hunt through the stacked up cars) and found a wiper arm lying around that is very similar and fits perfectly, £5, so very happy with that! I think it came off a 90's Mazda..