Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel Cover In Boot Rattling

pete-c

Hi

My wife recently purchased a 2012 Aygo which she is very pleased with except for the rattle from the spare wheel cover in the boot. I have attempted to rectify it but as soon as she goes over a bump it comes loose. I have looked at it and it has 2 lugs at the front and 2 small wedge clips to the rear which don't seem to engage anywhere. The part no is 64771-0010H is this the correct part If it is has anyone else had this problem.?

Thanks

Pete

Um, could you pad it out with some bubble wrap? Not ideal, but if its under warranty you could get the dealer to check?

From memory there should be 4 or 5 inch by 2 inch felt like pads fitted to the boot trim, are these still there?

Take a thin sheet of foam and line the under side (glue it) of the wheel cover to stop it sliding and it will even damp the noise from the spare wheel pit.

here you are try this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEOPRENE-SPONGE-FOAM-SELF-ADHESIVE-STRIP-10MTR-3MM-6MM-10MM-THICK-/111386002527?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&var=&hash=item19ef1f845f

it must be a trait of toyota not making cars properly and having loose / rattling trim panels as standard we have a lexus also and that was the biggest piece of junk i have ever bought until i sorted out the rattles and creaks now i love it but i shouldn't of had to put right these issues

• 8 years later...

Ok i know this post is from donkeys years ago but.

ive got 2006 aygo(runs like a dream) ive got the same problem.

The rattling is driving my insane.

its the plastic lid on the spare tyre..

ive gotto do something with it:(

4E96B7DA-9259-45C1-BCD2-178E68B7DEE3.jpeg

We've no spare in ours, so have a inflation kit. What I did is get the foam floor liners you can get for garage floors - £20 for a set. I put one underneath the lid, then put two joined together on top of it as additional sound insulation, with the carpet on top. This stops the rattle and makes the car quieter. The ones from homebase didn't even need trimming - two fit perfectly

• Like 1