Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Left Wheel Judder

Scollitt

Hi, this is my first post so be kind...

I have just (2 days ago) bought a 2004 Mk7 Toyota Celica with about 80k miles on the clock. I was driving to work this morning when I noticed an unusual vibration coming through the steering wheel and a loud knocking noise coming from the from left wheel. I pulled over as I though I may have a flat, however this wasn't the case. The vibration only occurs when the car is either driven straight and is far worse (louder and more savage steering wheel vibrations) when turning to the left. I'm sat in my office at work thinking it could either be loose wheel nuts as the tyres we changed prior to me buying it and they could of not been torqued correctly (I've experienced this before with a car) OR more seriously a knackered CV/ball joint.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it would be? What puzzles me is that when i turn right even slightly the vibration and noise COMPLETELY disappears! This leads me to think it is the wheel nuts as by turning right the wheel will be effectively pushed against the nuts causing it not to judder.

Any ideas welcome!

Doubt that it's a CV joint. The left wheel wouldgrumble when stressed on a right turn if it was worn. It cercertainly needs some wxpexploring but do make sure the nuts are checked before you drive any further.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links