Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Drl Modules

Speed_Chaser

Hello guys! We had some conversarion about LED DRLs before but I think it's time to discuss this once again. There are different types of bulbs available now and their power can differ much. There are some which are not much different than the normal 55w bulbs installed from factory actually.

What I would like is an aftermarket LED DRL module. It should be really bright but not like powerful LED bulbs. It should still look like DRL module. For this I would need a module which would produce big amount of light from 4 different sources. There are many of them on new cars from factory, for example on Volvos.

Are there any of these sold for Auris 1st gen? I've managed to find only some which have many smaller LEDs. This makes me think their light output is weaker and looks ridiculous aswell. Is there anything serious and well working out there on the market?

Rather than LED bulbs, I went with Osram LEDriving Fog DRL on mine and it looks awesome. Clean and OEM looking too.

Ok cheers so there is only one bulb to produce all that light? How about installing, did you have to make custom holders?

Two different bulbs. One for the DRL and the other for the fog light.

In regards with the fitting, you'll need to fabricate a new set of mounting holes for our first gen Auris. This can be done with metal or filler.

Thanks for the info. I think I will stick with my old ones and keep looking for the round 4led type DRLs. I've seen them on other cars without original DRLs so might be possible to find.

• 2 weeks later...

Can be more specific , like with some pictures

I am talking about something like this. When the car is on the street the four light sources/lamps can be seen more clearly than on picture.

p1050540c.jpg

mX1q14ItKVbk7Jr2X-THUZA.jpg

Just google: round 4 led drl, and you'll get plenty of hits. Not sure about the brightness though. It may be totally different compared to the output seen on Volvos and some of the other cars with factory fitted DRLs.

Where would you consider fitting them tho see I quite like the idea of halos round the fogs but think could be difficult and again I wonder about the brightness

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Remember, that in order to be in the EU fitting standards, those lights should be at least 10" of the ground, and I'm not sure that the fog lights are high enough. You should probably take some measurements and then decide what kind of light clusters to buy.

The first gen. Auris, before the facelift, has space on the inside of the foglights. After the facelift there is no space, and you will have to cut the front bumper. Just check how much space there is in order to buy the correct DRL's

I have a pre facelift so plenty of space but I thought the foglights would be good as then it can sort of look factory

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

• 1 month later...

I have had 3 MOT's with 2 different places and not had any issue with my fogs being drl lights....

I have the first gen, and I put them in the mouth underneath the Badge and have had no problems with the mot.