Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wind Deflectors

Cparks95

I've got a toyota aygo 3 door, any idea where I can get some wind deflectors from? I've tried toyota but they don't sell them and I've tried Amazon but they don't specify what colour... Help!

Hello Craig - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

Topic moved to the Aygo club.

• 8 months later...

I got a set direct from Heko, simple push fit, pop in the clips, 5 minute job and they look great

Take em off before you holiday in Germany

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Why?

They are illegal well, not certified when you buy Climair they come with a certificate which you carry with the papers in the car. Heko do not.

If Heko products weren't certificated (ie. E-marked, CE marked, TUV approved, etc), they wouldn't be able to sell them within the EU. So your comment isn't accurate. The fact that Climair supplies a copy of their TUV approval or equivalent is more likely to do with the fact their wind deflectors are made in Germany and the supply of a certificate is part of their manufacturing process.

Look at the Heko website and they have a page of certificates for their products.

Keep cool I also brought a set of Heko on eBay.de to fit, sent them back after a visit to my parts shop and for a filter. I wanted to know why

Climair are double the price he told me then I found the video. I have on my pc

Trying to post the link as I write sorry can't do it on iPhone

Try YouTube

Climair wind deflectlors test review

In the search should give you the English speech.

The main issue with the video is that it is not an impartial test and is obviously biased towards the Climair product.

Yes, the Climair may be the better product, but you do pay more for that privilege.

If the Heko and Farad products were illegal to sell and use in Germany, the two companies wouldn't be to supply them for retail sale in that country.

But you did and hear it no insurance cover in the event of something happening.

I am not prepared to take that chance. And I don't think Climair are better than the others but they have the papers, why will Heko not get the full approval and supply papers also with the product. They would sell many more in DE I believe

But you have to take into consideration that the video isn't impartial - the video has been done by Climair, you've only got their word that other wind deflectors haven't got certification, and, as the video is obviously a tool they use to sell their product, they are going to show their product is best. Also the video was done in 2012, so isn't the most current.

Impartial tests done by either motoring organisations/magazines or consumer groups in Germany would be a better source of information on which to base judgements, rather than take the word of an individual manufacturer, who has a vested interest in making sure their product is shown in the best light.

It isn't rocket science!

"If the Heko and Farad products were illegal to sell and use in Germany, the two companies wouldn't be to supply them for retail sale in that country."

It may well be perfectly legal to resell them but illegal to fit them - that is a surprisingly common scenario ...

& you wouldn't have to remove them when visiting Germany because you wouldn't be using German insurance (in our case UK insurance which doesn't differentiate).

I posted that link to YouTube because it is overdubed in English I will find the other one it has no mention of makes in the title

But not tonite I am cream ceackered

There is no point in re-posting the video, as comments still stand. It isn't an impartial review, and as has been said, if the wind deflectors didn't satisfy current legislation within the EU and Germany, they couldn't be sold within the EU and Germany.

Done it sorry about the delay must say though it does not bother me one or the other unless I am involved in an accident and someone loses there cover and I end up in the sheiße

• 3 weeks later...

I put a set of G3 Wind Deflectors on. no mention of any certificates in the box no mention of passing any tests. and to be honest i don't really care because i paid less than £15 and they look good on the car. i don't see why someone is defending climair so much wind deflectors are wind deflectors. some are cheap and claim there good, some are expensive and claim there better but at the end of the day they do exactly the same job. also i don't live in Germany so i couldn't give a flying about whether there legal or not in a country i don't live in.

Got to admit i feel better now.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just fitted some G3 wind deflectors to my Aygo - it was so easy, 5 minutes and it was done. I bought them from Mick's Garage on eBay - they were about £21. I think they are Italian make.

I can't decide between the G3 or Heko ones for my 2014 Aygo. I'm leaning towards Heko, because they look like a slightly darker tint.

I can't decide between the G3 or Heko ones for my 2014 Aygo. I'm leaning towards Heko, because they look like a slightly darker tint.

i have G3 on my Aygo but i sort of wish i bought heko just for the darker tint. just couldn't justify it as i managed to get my G3 deflectors for £13 and heko's where £30

At the moment there is only a £4-5 difference on buy it now items, so I think I'll go for the Heko.

At the moment there is only a £4-5 difference on buy it now items, so I think I'll go for the Heko.

Don't blame you like i said if i never managed to get the G3's for the bargain price of £13 i would have probably went Heko

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links