Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Cruise Control Question..

Exvec

Seem to be a lot of these around the forum at the moment purely coincidental tough me asking this question.

As some of you may know i am running a 2.0 d4d with the 1CDFTV engine and its registered in March 2006 it is a preface lift model to save confusion.

So i purchased a leather steering wheel with a cruise control switch already fitted it was a bit tatty so i used some black leather dye/ordinary shoe type polish on it (4 coats) left each coat to dry 24 hours and finally used some liquid leather feed on it which we use to clean our Leather settee with and its come up like new so well pleased with that.

However not so pleased with the outcome of the cruise control situation basically it doesn't work for me and the general consensus on the forum says that all cars with the 1CDFTV engine will WORK so slightly puzzled as to why it wont work on my car,by by the way there's no green light on the dash which should come when pressing the switch?is that right.

And then i'm beginning to wonder if the ECU needs to be enabled for cruise ?can anyone answer that one....?have people just fitted a cruise switch and bingo it just worked for them .

I have posted a picture to ascertain whether or not the switch is actually wired correctly if someone could tell from memory what colour wires should go where that would be a massive help then i could look elsewhere..anyway thank you for reading and responding.

post-131671-0-49899900-1405860591_thumb.

post-131671-0-30063700-1405860610_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links