Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Side Steps

Rickton

Hi guys, just bought a Rav4 on an 05 plate, the 2nd revision I think?

Trying to find the best place to buy the side steps and maybe front bars for it, anyone have any recommendations?

Trying to find the best place to buy the side steps and maybe front bars for it, anyone have any recommendations?

I've had two 4.2's (like yours), one a 5-dr and the other a 3-dr. Fitted Toyota OEM sidesteps to both; they are excellent quality and sturdy - you can stand on them (for loading roofrack/box or for washing/waxing roof) without any worries. Much better than any after market steps. Mr.T's front "A" bar suits the car well and looks much better than those tacky chrome tubular "A" bars.

Our current 4.3 has OEM sidesteps and they are first class. An OEM front bar is going on at next service.

Hi firemac, thanks for the response. I've got the 5 door and OEM is what I was after.

Where is the best place to source them? Are they expensive from Toyota?

I bought the ones for our 4.3 from our local dealer for £313 incl'g VAT. They are the same style as the ones that we had on the 4.2's. I don't know if the part nos are the same or if the 4.2's are cheaper (i.e. as it is an older model) but if you phone up your local dealer, you can get a price. I'm afraid I don't have the invoice for the ones that we fitted to the 4.2's as all the docs went in their service histories when we sold them.

They do come up on eBay sometimes but other than that the only other source would be the various RAV forums where an owner might be selling things like steps if they are trading their car in and have stripped it of saleable kit like steps, front guards, etc.

If you PM Parts-king on this forum, he is a dealer who gives discount to forum members; he'll certainly give you a price. Include your reg no & he'll be able to match the steps exactly.

Hi firemac, thanks for the response. I've got the 5 door and OEM is what I was after.

Where is the best place to source them? Are they expI

OEM is best...search on UK parts search sites and keep an eye on breakers sites you will find some on eBay! Good luck!

PS, A bit tacky I know but I love the embossed 'RAV 4' in the metal plate on the top of the bumper! :spiteful:

post-115478-0-92882900-1406392219_thumb.

post-115478-0-49671300-1406392327_thumb.

Hi, have you checked out Burrowstoyotaparts.co.uk. ?

Has anyone DIY fitted the side steps to the 2013 Rav

Local Mr T suggests it may be a difficult job ?

Non genuine fitments looks quite straight forward

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Thanks

I got Mr.T to fit ours simply because it was winter & I've

developed an aversion to lying underneath inanimate objects in sub-zero

temperatures.

Here's the Toyota fitting guide. It's not difficult but one of the plastic undertrays needs a bit of work.

Side steps fitting guide.pdf

I purchased direct from main dealer, side steps fitted by main dealer but front guard and rear chrome bar fitted by a body repair shop as three times cheaper than what Toyota wanted for fitting.

Don't go for second hand parts as I got a second hand front guard and had to buy a new one as second hand one was f***** and a costly error.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/161109-my-rav4-modifications/

Thanks

temperatures.

Here's the Toyota fitting guide. It's not difficult but one of the plastic undertrays needs a bit of work.

attachicon.gifSide steps fitting guide.pdf

Thanks for these instructions but I need them for the later 2013 model, can anyone help pelase

Thanks

temperatures.

attachicon.gifSide steps fitting guide.pdf

Thanks for these instructions but I need them for the later 2013 model, can anyone help pelase

Sorry. Yours must be the 4.4. I didn't realise that you weren't the original poster.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links