Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Open Button Not Working On Car Stereo In Avensis Tr

Aidan Higgins

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me out. I drive a Toyota Avensis TR model (Hatchback).

Recently, the open switch stopped working so I'm unable to change the CD in the car as a result. The Tilt switch still works no problem, however the Open switch no longer works when I press it so the screen no longer slides down to allow me to eject the CD. Anyone have any idea's on how to fix this?

I've attached an image of the type of car stereo I have in my car.

Many thanks in advance.

post-142384-0-24249200-1405959660_thumb.

Stereo out job, and send to a workshop. A mate of mine does repairs in loughrea. Sound like a dodgy button.

And you should probably remove your email address from the post, it'll be picked up by spambots that scan all forums and you'll soon find your inbox filling up with junk.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your help, appreciate it.

By any chance is the name of your mate based in Loughrea Pat?

Phil - thanks too about tipping me off to remove my email address.

Thanks Gents.

I have the exact same with my head unit. Please let me know how you get on

Aidan

It sure would. If he can't fix it, it can't be fixed.

I could ask him what the issue could be if ya like?

Hi Mike,

It's grand. I was actually chatting to Pat on the phone. He told me it can be fixed alright. I just need to have the unit removed from the car and bring it down to him to repair it. I posted on the boards.ie forum too and Pat relied to me there. I'm delighted to know it can be fixed. Thanks again.

Did he mention how much he would take to replace the button?

Hi 58 Avensis,

I was told around 80 / 90 to have it repaired. I need to have the unit taken out prior to going down and then fit it again in the car once it's fixed. I found a video on YouTube that shows how to do it. That said, I might just see how much my local Toyota dealer will charge me to remove and reinstall the unit once repaired. I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers.

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for letting me know. I must admit that quote was a bit pricer than I was expecting. I might not bother having it fixed as I'm in the process of buying and fitting a toyota ipod kitt thats a little bit more expensive which connects to the back of the headunit where the optional cd multi changer would be connected. No more stockpiling cds and having to change them all the time. BTW the unit unit is really easy to remove. There is a video on youtube showing you how to do it. I'd honestly do it yourself and save some money

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links