Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Pip Audio Skips When Playing Ipod

MEP's Yaris GS

Collected my 9 month old PIP on Sunday, very happy with it to date, have done 350 miles already with the journey home after collection and my commute to work.

Only issue I've found with the car though is that when using my iPod (5th gen Classic/Video) through the head unit using the USB port in the centre cubby box, every so often, randomly, it'll skip / slightly pause tracks, before continuing to play them.

So far I've tried different genuine Apple data leads and reset the iPod to no avail. I've held the iPod in my hand when its done it once or twice to see if the screen changes (as though loosing connection) and this seems ok and doesn't change. Also on the journey home the head unit threw a wobbly after about 3 hours of driving and refused to even see the iPod until the car had been turned off and it all reset.

Has anyone any idea's on how to rectify this, as its a real annoyance, and not using the iPod isn't much of an option.

In addition to this, is there a way to set the doors to auto lock after you've got into the car and start to drive off? And is there a follow me home headlights / auto on when unlocked with the remote function? I've read the handbook and played about with the menus but not managed to find anything about this.

Don't ipods have a mini hard drive in them rather than solid state memory? If that's the case then even with severe shock resistance, could bumps or vibrations cause the hesitation?

Either that or it's past it's prime and just full up?

Have you tried streaming it through Bluetooth instead?

I can't with the iPod, works fine with my iPhone through bluetooth, but eats the Battery and hasn't got my full music selection on.

I'm going to try some other iPods we've got in the household the see if its this one particular iPod, but I'd be surprised if it was as its been fine to date and seems storage its only the PIP is misbehaves in.

I copied my music (and some Bob Newhart sketches) to a USB stick and leave it permanently plugged in. Works great with voice commands too.

Is that an option?

No plugging in, wires or anything else. Just need to bring it indoors when I add new tracks (not very often in my case). If anything happens to it, I would just record another one - they're cheap as chips.

The Prius is so relaxing, I have no music or radio on most of the time.

my early ipod nano jumps tracks, but my later ipod touch, which we use for audio books on long trips, is fine

• Like 1

Interesting, thanks for confirming that Barry. I used my USB flash drive to work today, 25 miles and no skipping, but its not ideal, I'm very greedy and like all of my music with me on my iPod as normally have it on random play.