Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Bearings

greycamper

Hi,

I bought my Aygo just over a year ago, a 2010 reg, 15,000 miles, I have had to replace the N/S/F bearing today. I have never in my life seen so much rust, you would have thought the car had been sat in water for 10 years, and there are 3 more to go, but I dont think so.

I have since read on the internet, of all the people with the same prob, why is these not replaceable, under warrenty, surely Toyota knows about this prob. I bought a toyota because they were supose to be one of the top makes. But my love affair with my Aygo has just ended, and I will be replacing my car.

I am lucky really as I was going to purchase the new Aygo X, but does this have the same prob, well I am not taking the chance.

So Goodbye Toyota, you have just lost a customer!!!!!!

Greycamper

Bearings tend to wear faster if the vehicle regularly carries heavy loads, or does a lot of cornering etc.

In fact most modern Toyotas are quite good for ease of maintenance, that's why I run one as a daily smile

If it definitely needs new hubs, then buy them in from somewhere like Eurocarparts or GSF (think Peugeot 107 and Citroen C1)

Thank You for your reply, I dont think a senior citizen,who weighs 9 stone, and there is only me in the car, and I uses the car for shopping, 2 plastic bags. and visiting family and only does 3000 miles a year. I am not a racing driver, the car is checked regulary.

So would you say this is carry heavy loads, or cornering, unless driving at normal speeds, any kind of heavy shopping isdelivered, as I shop online, my mountain bike, which is a sealed hub, carries the same weight, and I dont have problem with that, and I use really rough surfaces, and more wet conditions.

I spent 3 hours online looking this problem up, and there was loads complaining and saying the same thing, if this is a fault why dont Toyota admit it and do something about it.

After what I have seen today, no way will you convince me to get another. Toyota. :no:

• 1 year later...

I've got a 03 vvti aygo 100k miles and not a spot of rust anywhere. Arches. Inner wings. Floor pan so for a car with only one years worth of miles to be heavily rushed. I doubt its heavy. All metal oxidized..in one hour rust appears on metal. As I've said mine is fine. Lived outdoors all its life. I do jet hose underneath regular. Double so in winter to was salts off...

Think you need to take stock and be realistic.

It's a five/six year old car, so wear and tear may be starting to affect some components. You may only use the car for light use, but as you bought it one year ago when it was around 5 years old, you don't know what type of use the car was put through before you bought it (for example whether the previous owner/s carried heavy loads or not, how they drove the car, etc).

With any used car it is a gamble as to whether the purchaser may have problems surface which may have been caused by prior mis-use, etc.

Depending when it was first registered in 2010, it would have had either the 3 year/60,000 mile new car warranty, or if it was first registered on or after 1st June 2010, the 5 year/100,000 mile warranty.