Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Today

Meld

I've just got my IQ back from my friendly neighbourhood Toyota dealer. Knowing a good local mechanic, I wouldn't normally pay main dealer servicing prices, but it's got to be done to keep up the Toyota UK 5 year warranty. Having had the car a month, it was worth the peace of mind to get a service done sooner rather than later so I’ve had the 40k/4 year service done a little bit early at 37,000 miles. Everything is absolutely fine, no problems whatsoever.... except one thing. They rang me mid morning to say that the rear wiper blade is badly worn. I confess I'd not noticed, so I declined their very kind offer to replace it for me and made
a mental note to have a look and do it myself at some stage.

Things got really interesting when I collected the car. Two other people were collecting their cars as I walked in and the first words I heard the receptionist say to one woman was that the only thing her car had needed to pass the MOT was a rear wiper blade. How interesting…!

Then I heard the next guy being talked through his bill. Lo and behold, it included a rear wiper blade too!

Looking at the blade on my car in the office car park when I got back, it’s clearly not new but I don’t reckon it’s bad at all, certainly not worth changing it just yet.

Should I draw a conclusion? Me? Cynical? No, definitely not………..

• Like 1

Certainly sounds suspicious. I think dealers are generally very good, but in this case you have good reason to wonder. Does the wiper clear the glass when you operate the washer?

Chris

"I heard the receptionist say to one woman was that the only thing her
car had needed to pass the MOT was a rear wiper blade. How
interesting…!"

Yes, interesting, because the rear wiper is not a testable item!

• Like 1

The rear window wiper is not an MOT test item and will pass the test regardless what condition it is in and if it works or not.

The front wipers are a different matter for obvious reasons. :driving:

(Peter beat me to it. :) )

Craig.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links