Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Yaris Sr Mystery Cable

Nic2708

Hi,

I hope i'm not being really stupid but I have this cable coming from a hole in my dash behind the CD player. I've only had the Yaris a few months and it's my first car.

The previous owner added parking sensors and an aftermarket alarm - not sure if it's something to do with one of those?

It's a 2002 Toyota Yaris SR.

Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks

post-142492-0-75445400-1406372738_thumb.

Onboard diagnosis (OBD) cable/socket?

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is. The OBD socket is just above the pedals.

Well the centre connector looks like a mini-antenna socket; I wonder if it is for a GPS or something?

Maybe the previous owner had some sort of removable ICE or GPS module which plugged into that and they removed the module for their new car but forgot to remove the interface cable from the car when they sold it?

It's deffo not a stock Yaris Mk1 connection! (Most of the Mk1 Yaris connectors are much beefier!)

Hi guys thanks for your input. I took out the dash and followed the cable to a hidden black box with Audio 2000 written on it and after googling found a funkwerk audio 2000 bluetooth set which is pretty old. I think the previous owner took the cradle but left the connected wires because it was too much effort. I'm gonna just tuck the cable away behind the dash and leave it alone. Thanks for the replies.

Doh! Good find! I didn't even think of bluetooth but that makes much more sense in hindsight :lol:

Thanks for reporting back! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links