Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time To Move On.... Rough Valuation Price?

DFish

Ok I'm thinking it's time to move on, but I'm stuck as to what price I should be sticking my little iQ2 up for.

Details are, iQ2, TNS510 Satnav, 59 plate with around 30k on it. The original owner ticked all the extra's boxes, so comes with the additional front and rear bumper skirts, triangle tail pipe. It's just about to get serviced and MOT'd, so that wont be an issue for the new owner.

Just really lost as to what to ask for it, prices on Autotrader go from stupid to dealer, which I'm not.

Thanks

Fish

Yeah plus some DRL's which I need to fit a replacement DRL control unit. One side's dead. :(

Thanks

Fish

Your controller feeds both sides at once so its likely to be the bullet connectors that are accessible by poking your fingers in the grill and retrieving them. They tarnish up. Just separate, scrape and clean.

David

To get a rough estimate here's what I put mine up for 2months ago, but decided to keep it as not letting her go for stupid money.

I originally put my 2009 plate IQ base model, 31,000miles, FSH, loads of extras plus safety recalls completed.. the lot for £5600. After a month I kept lowering it and got it down to £5100 before I took the advert down and made the decision to keep it for good. Only had 3 people interested in this time, 2 asked for stupid money and another didn't get back to me.

The price I put mine up for was in between the dealer price and private. But because it's clean as a whistle and has all of the above.. I know for a fact it's worth 100% the price I put her up for. Remember the price up here in Scotland will be different from say in London, England, but will hopefully give you an estimate on what to put yours up for.

Word of advice... IQ's aren't what they were worth a few years ago so I would reconsider if needs must. I now refuse to sell mine as I've spent good money on it getting it up to my standard and it gets anything it needs. A guy 35 miles away from me had his IQ up for £3700 with around 40,000 miles on it on a 2009 plate... absolutely madness!! It's worth much more than this and sadly his advert wasn't up for long!!

. A guy 35 miles away from me had his IQ up for £3700 with around 40,000 miles on it on a 2009 plate... absolutely madness!! It's worth much more than this

We all want the best price for our cars, but sadly, what owners think the car is worth and it's actual worth are often far apart. All goods have two prices, the buying price and selling price, both are only what people are prepared to pay

Kingo :thumbsup:

Aaron, I understand what you are saying, but I'm just getting really bored of having to change down gears each time I get to a hill so something with more poke is required.

Kingo,thanks to the links above to parkers and glass, etc. getting a rough idea of what a dealer might offer as trade in vers. private sale gives people a rough guide, but you will always get those owners who think their car is worth more than it actually is. That would be the nature of selling cars, bit like buyers expecting 50% off the marked price. ;)

thanks

Fish

Everything in life is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it !

Cars are just about how much money you are going to throw away !

Most people today are buying new cars and consider it a monthly expenditure rather than a "one off" payment.

I am keeping mine until it dies which i hope will be 10 years +

If I do buy another car before then I will still keep my IQ as a second car, as it is small enough to sit on my drive and hardly be noticed ! Perhaps in a few years it will be a "collectable" item in the UK who knows !

If I do buy another car before then I will still keep my IQ as a second car, as it is small enough to sit on my drive and hardly be noticed ! Perhaps in a few years it will be a "collectable" item in the UK who knows !

It'll become highly sought after in a few years time. Why?

Because as the World pulls out of recession in the next year or two millions more people around the World need to travel in their car again (or own one for the first time) and that finite resource (oil) will increase in price - again.

More demand, less (or less easy) supply.