Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon Compressor

derbylad81

Can anyone tell me if if the aircon compressor is the same in the vvtli as it is in vvti? I have a 190 and the compressor has seized quite conveniently in this heatwave so any advice would be great before I start contacting breakers

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Check a few things first! I've had years, yes years, of very noisy fan and bad vibration when the system has to work to achieve temperature. My dealer has never found the fault this year saying it's the fan motor bearing and quoting circa £500 which I didn't do. I've just done some searching of my own - dropped the glovebox lid pulled out the air con filter for a clean and realised that the fan motor is located under the filter. I put my hand into it and got free movement of the fan with no play - then I found one of the glove box lid retaining clips in the fan! Took it out - the fan runs quietly and no vibration even when working flat out. Thank you Toyota - goes to prove they don't investigate - they just want to fit new replacement parts! This has spoilt years of enjoyment from the car which leaves me seriously hacked off - wait until they're open for business tomorrow!!!!

Good result, take a deep breath and remember you not only have cold air but you saved £500.00 :thumbsup:

I went to have the system re gassed yesterday and when I turned the aircon on the engine was cutting out so I'm pretty sure the compressor is seized?

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC