Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Avensis Owner Questions

silverAvensis

Hi

Just bought a 2002 Avensis, very pleased with it, just a couple of questions

It has no jack, or wheel brace.

so what size are the wheel nuts and do I need a 2 ton scissor jack or will a small bottle jack do.

I'm most impressed with the car, I did buy the 1.8 vvt so expect to put some oil in it, but so far the fuel consumption is very good for such a big car.

I use a 2t Trolley jack, with a bottle jack in the boot for emergencies, a torquewrench, 18mm socket and small extension. The torquewrench sometimes comes with sockets and extension

SilverAvensis,

I have a wheel brace and jack from a 2002 hardly used. I have PM'd you. :)

A bottle jack is normally too tall to fit under the car when you get a puncture.

Hi Mark, Can I assume that you have checked the little compared behind the right wheel arch in the boot? Did the previous owner say the jack is missing.

I have attached photos showing the jack location.

post-76861-0-78408600-1406638562_thumb.jpost-76861-0-29336900-1406638609_thumb.jpost-76861-0-79719800-1406638623_thumb.j

I used a cross style wheel brace along with standard jack. When doing any maintenance, I use a trolley jack and axle stands, or car ramps.

Welcome to the forum.

Konrad

Hi Mark, Can I assume that you have checked the little compared behind the right wheel arch in the boot? Did the previous owner say the jack is missing.

I have attached photos showing the jack location.

attachicon.gifIMG_3988.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3989.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3992.jpg

I used a cross style wheel brace along with standard jack. When doing any maintenance, I use a trolley jack and axle stands, or car ramps.

Welcome to the forum.

Konrad

Thanks Konrad, yes I bought it knowing it was missing, rest of the car seemed very good so I bought it anyway.

I have a trolley jack and stands, but thought I ought to keep a jack and brace in the car.

really good pictures

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links