Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Sunroof Rust

davidjamesinc

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum so please be patient. I have a 2002 5 door petrol 2ltr. I opened the sunroof the other day and discovered that the metal frame that the sunroof glass sits in is quite badly rusted on the leading edge. My questions are these.

1. Is the glass and the frame all one piece or can the glass be removed so a repair can be attempted

2. If the glass and frame can be removed and separated, how easy is it on a scale of numpty to 10 and any hints and tips would be appreciated.

3. Does the frame have a name and part number in case I have have to source new.

4. Where would be the best place to source from (excluding a main dealer).

If you guys can answer any of these I would be most grateful.

Thanks in expectation.

Dave.

The glass panel can be removed separately. Theres a bracket either side of the glass which can be unbolted and it's quite easy to remove the panel. The glass slides along rails, which is another separate part and the rails sit on an under-frame which is bolted in place via brackets. Removal of the under-frame requires the headlining to be removed. Corrosion of the under-frame and the lip edge of the roof above it is aggravated by water failing to drain, so ensure that the drain lines are clear. It's obviously easiest and cheapest if you could repair in situ - otherwise it's a new or second hand under-frame. This would be a dealer only part I'm afraid.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links