Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ryanj252's Auris 160Rt

RyanJ252

Hey Guys

So im new to the forum, and new to the car tuning/modding scene. Been doing some reading here and there and I know that there's not much I can do to my Auris. Even where Im from (Cape Town, South Africa) this car isnt usually something you'd see at car shows. But yeah, im hoping to get it looking sexier and sound better, and maybe get some more oomph out of it.

I've attached some pictures of what my Auris currently looks like, and what I plan for it to look like. Let me know what your thoughts and advice are on performance mods.

post-142550-0-92937000-1406630266_thumb.

post-142550-0-48987600-1406630394_thumb.

Hi Ryan - the obvious mods are things like wheels, strut brace, upgraded panel air filter, stainless steel exhaust, lowering springs or coilovers, etc. You won't get a huge amount of extra power, but there's nothing stopping you from small improvements & personalisation :)

Thanx Uncle Buck. Yeah i will definitely be personalizing it.
Just a question though....how is the strut brace going to help with performance?

It doesn't, lol ! But it does stiffen the front end up a little & make it more responsive steering-wise - as there's less flex going on.

Yeah it will make your car faster, in corners :) Same as installing lowering springs and/or wider tyres. They will make car more stabpe and let you corner faster.

Aah makes sense now :) Well, I have my 105 000km service coming up, then it'll be Induction Kit first :D

The induction kit will definitely give you more intake noise, but they don't always give you more power. Every car is different of course, so you may get lucky. My previous car (a Nissan) made 3.5 bhp less with an induction kit fitted - as proven on a dyno. Do some research first :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links