Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 4.4 Wiring Sub?

daiashthomas

Have a 2013 4.4 rav4 and was wondering what's the easiest way to wire up a sub and amp?

It's an awd invincible if that helps.

Thanks

Ha ha.

I was mainly wondering what's available on back of the head unit, without pulling it apart to find out I've wasted my time.

Thanks

Toyota RAV4 Electrical Wiring Diagrams (EWD).pdf

Disconnect the Battery first!

Asumming your headunit has a pair of sub RCA connectors and a remote on/off line,

fitting it was easy, route the RCA cables and remote line from the head unit along one edge of the vehicle, under the plastic trimming to the back, where the subwoofer wiring loom is.The positive power cable for the subwoofer is brought in to the cabin usually through rubber plug which existing electrical wiring passes through.

You may find a nipple you can snip off that you can pass the wire through. Be sure to tape up the join to stop any water getting through. That positive cable is routed down the other side of the car (though other people route it down the centre) also to the back where it can power the subwoofer. The ground terminal of the sub is a convenient location on the chassis - somewhere with a bolt.

Hook up the RCA and remote line to the subs and reconnect the Battery - voila. Spend the time to make the wiring as hidden as possible. I tape over manufacturers logos with black ducktape, leaving just a flat black unit inside.

I dont like to wake up the neighbourhood and prefer to keep my hearing intact - these are fine and still have enough grunt to make you smile. Afterwards, you can spend sometime adjusting your headunit for the best sound.

Typically I let the subwoofer handle the stuff below 50Hz and set the Speakers to not bother below 40Hz.

being a factory unit I very much doubt it'll have rca connections. I cant download that pdf, site says I dont have permission, is the document specific to the new rav mk4? if so could you email it to me? daiashthomas@aol.com

the wiring etc.. is the easy part lol, trying to access the rear of the head unit is probably going to be the worst part and running power to the amp,

thanks for the info so far :D

• 1 year later...

Please I need this EWD, Rav4 2014 (2AR-FE)

jonescosmos@aim.com

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links