Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soon To Be Owner Of Avensis Estate 2L

John Andrews

Hi All

John From Lincolnshire

Soon to be owner of above ... looking forward to learning more about the car I am due to get 2006 model.... having to get rid of my french pug 407sw.... nice to drive but in the four years I have owned it it has cost me around 4k in garage bills and I rely on car to get to work. Final straw was this week when I took it in for what I thought was another driveshaft to be told it would be circa 1k to fix the gearbox issue!!!!! plus it is coming up to cam and crank change time... so it was not worth spending 1600 notes on a problem car... contacted the garage where I purchased it from and between a astra estate and toyota and going to have test drive in toyota... Plus fed of of Pug garages around me not diagnosing issues - just oh it need this - that did not fix it... lets try this attitude.

Garage that I am buying it from is 45 miles away so hope my pug can make it... I am looking forward to owning a reliable Jap car... Looking at parts compared to the pug they look quite a bit cheaper and things like the egr looks easy to clean and easy to get at... The garage I am going to is the one I purchased the pug from... only going back as I got excellent customer service and looks like they are sorting me out good again.

I think the engine is the 114bhp 2L anything I should be aware of ?

Does car suffer with any other issues bodywork wise.....?

Injectors - anything to look at... had two new injectors since I have had Pug... plus two recently cleaned and reseated!!!

Oil service ... I do 12 k a year is one service ok... I do 30 miles of lincolnshire driving every day for work???

Will be towing a small 2 berth and small trailer several times a year to radio control events around lincolnshire.. (one of the reasons for car is it has a bosal towbar fitted so saves expense on having one fitted on car buying)

Hmmmnnn think this model comes with dual mass... is that so... are they as dear as the pug... mine went 12 months ago and that was 1k fitted at my local garage.

Thanks for reading

Big Bad John

Hello John - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

Hi John, welcome to the Toyota Owners Club! I hope you find here all information you are looking for and I hope you are willing to share your knowledge and experience with the other team members!

As this is the introduction page only, I advice you to post all your questions in the Avensis club. Many members, including me are giving professional advice and share stories and issues regarding the Avensis.

You probarly know, the internet (so we also) love pictures of your upcomming car! Feel free to share them!

Once again welcome and I wish you many save miles in your Avensis!

Hi.

If it's a CD engine then it's belt-driven (the ADs are chain) but other than that requiring regular replacement according to schedule they seem pretty bullet proof.

If it's an AD engine you want to be aware of the potential head/head gasket issues on these. http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=10987 It's probably only a very small % that develop it but it's a very expensive fix & your car would be outside the Toyota extended (7 year/112k) goodwill warranty window.