Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moisture In Light

Ben Davy

I have some moisture in my rear light.

I took the bulb out and used a hot air blower to clear it out and it went but now it's back within a week. Does anyone know how to remove it permanently?

post-100797-140705886768_thumb.jpg

Problem with the seal? You can either send Parts King a personal message, detailing your car and what you want, and if the seal is available separately, he'll provide a price., or you could try using a good quality sealant (not bathroom sealant).

Would that be covered under the 5 year warranty, assuming your car is of the relevant age.

Thanks, who's Parts King?

I couldn't figure how to get the light off, I saw a couple of nuts but there would be more holding it on.

Parts King - go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsor's Corner and Lindop Toyota.

It's perfectly normal and there are no seals to change on them.

It has been mentioned here before and the moisture comes and goes depending in the weather conditions, most of us just don't worry about it now.

You can remove the light fittings but you need to remove the rear bumper first which involves lots of plastic clips and wheel arch liner removal. But once you get the light out you will see there really is nothing you can do to it apart from ref-fit it again.

Craig.

• Like 1

Cheers for the help Craig. I'm a bit of a perfectionist ;o)

I found running the car with the A/C on /recirculating. ( in my case all the time) the problem goes with the dry air.

David

• Like 1

Does it really reach the rear light area? I've even thought of lodging some silica gel sachets in the area.

Very common and not just in the iQ. If it's been a cold night and has been parked outside I can sometimes see a line of condensation slowly moving up the light cluster as the sun moves over it. It always disappears either when the cluster gets warm or once you get going.

Definitely not a sealed unit , as the very small dead spider I have in my offside cluster shows.

Mine's the same they are not sealed, so weather / temperature and humidity dependant, my view is that carefully / better designed sealed clusters are better, last longer and bulbs less likely to rust in place. typical modern design not made to last, sorry that's just my view !

Thanks guys. I thought they weren't sealed well when I changed the bulbs to silver ones and noticed that there are holes around the bulb area, so I kind of was aware of that when replacing them. The air blower worked but then it came back after several days.

p.s I have bonded with a car again, I didn't with my specific S2000 and the Civic before that (I did with the Civic Jordan) and now the iQ. It's amazing. No power but it's totally changed how I drive and nearly find the avg mpg dial a challenge.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links