Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper Blades For T27

alan333

I'm looking at new Wiper Blades for my 2012 T27 saloon, and thinking Bosch Aerotwin could be the way to go. My existing wipers are 16" and 26", but most places selling a pair seem to say the driver's one is 24", and the ones which say it's a 26" seem a fair bit more expensive. I also note that a pair of 16/26" for an Avensis Verso are cheaper, but the dropdown lists say they won't fit.

Anyone used the Aerotwins, any good? And what's the deal with the size and fitment? I don't want an ugly visible clip, since the factory originals have a nice streamlined look to them.

I might also fit genuine Toyota ones if anyone knows a cheap source.

I've used Aerotwins on previous cars, and found them to be good - the last cars being our 2006 Corolla and 2007 Mazda 2. Not had to replace the blades on either of my two Auris though. Why price the Toyota replacement rubber inserts? Try sending Parts King a personal message for a price.

Thanks for the replies guys, I eventually found the correct Bosch ones a bit cheaper so I've ordered a pair.

Hi

The AP Wiper Blades are a bargain, but guess what?

They don't fit the T27 Avensis.

Different fitting altogether.

No, they are a bayonet fitting that slides on.

Just an FYI you don't have to buy complete Wiper Blades Toyota offer blade inserts for the original wipers:

85214-05150 RH

85214-05140 LH

Try Partsking give him a PM to see what price he can offer.

Just an FYI you don't have to buy complete wiper blades Toyota offer blade inserts for the original wipers:

85214-05150 RH

85214-05140 LH

Try Partsking give him a PM to see what price he can offer.

Wouldn't it be better if he gave the price here then we would all know how much they were and he wouldn't have dozens of PMs to answer?

Wouldn't it be better if he gave the price here then we would all know how much they were and he wouldn't have dozens of PMs to answer?

No, because the price may go up or down so a PM gives an up to date price at the time of sale.

This post could be up for years and be out of date in week...

the 2 rubbers will be about £19 (£12+£7) plus postage if required.

The Bosch 2 blade kit will be ~£30 delivered.

good news, the rubbers in the wiper arms that I got from AP are the same size and shape as the Toyota arms.

I have just changed them over, and they seem fine.

Rapid delivery from AP, ordered Mon arrived dinner time today, Weds.

No, because the price may go up or down so a PM gives an up to date price at the time of sale.

This post could be up for years and be out of date in week...

All posts are timed and dated so no one is going to expect the price to be the same months down the line let alone years. I paid about £30 for a set of Toyota complete blades a year ago, they are still in good condition and won't need replacing just yet. How long have the cheaper versions lasted?

You would be surprised how petty some folk can be, the AP blades lasted me just under three years so I am quid's in even if the new ones only last a year. :thumbsup:

I find that my original Toyota wipers are fine, except that the first wipe (or first few wipes) is always rubbish. Comparing that to some other vehicles I've driven where even the first wipe is great, made me think to try one of the expensive and well rated opposition brands. Hence I'm trying the Bosch Aerotwins this time, which I found the 26/16" for the T27 for £25 on eBay. I'll post back with my thoughts after I've used them for a while.

• 2 months later...

Hi Alan,

How did you get on with the Bosch Aerotwins? If they re any good do you have a link for them please.

Hi Alan,

How did you get on with the Bosch Aerotwins? If they re any good do you have a link for them please.

Hi mate, I find them great - a nice clean sweep from the first wipe even if they've not been used for some days. When fitting them I noticed they're exactly identical to the ones which were fitted. My car was just over a year old when I bought so I presumed it was on it's originals - maybe so, maybe not, maybe they're made to be identical. Either way they're much better.

Link to eBay, although I note the seller hasn't re-listed them. Maybe you could "ask seller a question"?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AEROTWIN-FLAT-Windscreen-BOSCH-Wiper-Blades-TOYOTA-AVENSIS-MK3-08-/221535650342?

Thanks for the information Alan. Will have to do some more searching. I replaced mine with Toyota ones less than two years ago and the RH one is on its way out already so not sure whether to go for just the replacement refill from Toyota or try the Bosh ones. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Can reccomend the ones from AP, no connection with them, just a satisfied customer.

The Bosch ones had also dropped to ~£24 via Amazon but have since returned to £29.

for several years after the introduction of the T27 the Bosch blades were the only aftermarket ones available so they are probably the oem manufacturer.