Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla E 12 Air Conditioner Refrigerant Level

alexsv_17

Hi,

Could someone tell me how much refrigerant should be put in a Toyota corolla e 12 2002 air conditioner system?

I don't have an OEM note under hood, but on this site:

http://www.techchoiceparts.com/refrigerant-and-oil-capacities/qrst#toyota

it says it should be 24 ounces for 2001-02 models and 18 ounces for 2003 models.

I would appreciate if you tell me if it is the correct value.

Thanks in advance.

I would go for 24 ounces, are you completely removing all the gas from your system or just topping up.

I will be completely removing the gas. I should add some oil as well, shouldn't I - 7 ounces PAG 46?

Most modern products have a sealant / lubricant built in

For a pre 2004 LHD Corolla 2.0 d4d

490g +/- 30g

17.28oz +/- 1.06oz

Toyota list 70cc of ND-8 oil in total and advise when removing the gas measuring the amount of oil drained and then regassing with the same amount as drained.

How will you being removing/regassing as most modern AC machines should do all of this automatically?, NOTE knowingly releasing the AC gas to atmosphere is dangerous and illegal in the EU

Thank you very much for your response, Lee. I will service the AC of the car in a garage of a friend of mine, so I hope the removing of the gas will be done under regulations.

The reason why I am asking about the amount of gas is because I serviced it in another garage a month ago. The guys evacuated the gas (they said it was very little left in the system), checked the system for leaks - it was ok, and then started regassing. I couldn't tell them the amount and they put in a 100 cc of some kind of PAG oil ( I don't know if it's ND-8) and 1000 ( yes THOUSAND) grams of gas. The AC started working normally and then after 10 minutes the compressor stopped. If I switched off the engine it would start again. So they assumed it was some kind of a relay related problem. They changed it with another one and from then on it DOESN"T stop anymore, but after 10 min. it doesn't blow as cold as in the begining.

That's why I consider regassing the system and putting the proper amount of gas in the system.

Any advices are highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links