Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1995 2.0 Gt Sluggish

Surrey Scientist

Hi

I have an import (JDM) 2.0 GT (Auto) convertible. Its not used most of the year, as its a 2nd car that only comes out in the summer when I m off work. Keep it covered under cover rest of year.

Recently been really sluggish, pickup is extremely poor, put foot on throttle hard and revs only climb slowly.

At much higher revs 4000rpm upwards its much livelier, but on motorway inclines it really struggles and speed drops off to about 50mph.

I put on a new Ditrib cap and thats made a bit of difference, and have plugs/HT leads on order.

Any other suggestions to try ?? It has only done 100,000km (about 65,000 miles) and is otherwise immaculate, almost looks like new iunderneath.

Cheers,

David

Sounds like it's only firing on three cylinders. To confirm this disconnect each HT lead (one at a time). You will find that disconnecting one will make no difference. (the others will cause the car to stall when disconnecting) That will be the faulty lead or plug.